|You Save:||$3 (43% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 8, 2000
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Echo Bridge
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Super Jewel Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menu
- Trivia Quiz
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Marlon Brando, Katy Jurado, Ben Johnson, Slim Pickens & Sam Gilman|
|Directed by||Marlon Brando|
|Edited by||Archie Marshek|
|Screenwriting by||Guy Trosper & Calder Willingham|
|Composition by||Hugo Friedhofer|
|Art Direction by||Hal Pereira|
|Produced by||Frank P. Rosenberg|
|Director of Photography:||Charles Lang|
One-Eyed Jacks has some very handsome photography and some competent performances, but it isn't even a very good Western. Full Review
Rating: 1.5/5 -- Brando's seaside Western mess.
...With Brando giving his most Elvis-like performance....[And] Charles Lang Jr.'s gorgeous Big Sur photography...
Rating: B- -- Intriguing but ultimately flawed Western that shows Brando talent as an actor and director. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- Stylish Brando produced, directed, starring western.
Kansas City Kansan
Rating: C+ -- Scenic and overlong, taking a long time to sigh and brood for just another standard revenge Western. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
[Brando] displays a gift with character actors and gives Ford regular Ben Johnson one of the meatiest roles of his career...
This 1961 Western is Marlon Brando's only directorial effort. It's the Old West of 1880, and Brando stars as Kid Rio, who along with his partner, Dad Longworth (Karl Malden) are bank robbers who are caught holding up a Mexican bank. Longworth gets away and allows his partner to get caught and go to jail. When Rio is released five years later, he goes out to seek revenge; however, he is surprised to find his partner is married with a stepdaughter and sheriff of a town. Complications set in when Rio himself falls in love with the stepdaughter.
Stanley Kubrick was originally set to direct this revenge western about an outlaw who seeks vengeance on a sheriff who once was his close friend; instead, star Marlon Brando took it over -- and it remains the only film he ever helmed.
- Filmed in VistaVision and Technicolor in Monterey, California and Mexico.
- Co-produced by High Desert Films.
- Feature film debut for actress Pina Pellicer.
- Director Sam Peckinpah wrote the first draft of the screenplay, but was replaced by Stanley Kubrick, the film's original director. Then Kubrick eventually quit over artistic differences and was replaced by the film's star, Marlon Brando.
- Budget was reported to be between $5-6 million.
- Additional cast: Sam Gilman (Harvey), Hank Worden (Doc), Margarita Cordova (Flamenco Dancer), Nina Martinez (Margarita), Glen Harvey, and William Forrest.
- Additional credits: Richard Mueller (Technicolor consultant), Carlo Fiore (assistant to producer).
- Sales Rank: 9,845
- UPC: 096009021733
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Elvira's Movie Macabre - Legacy of Blood / The Devil's... TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
Elvira's Movie Macabre - Count Dracula's Great Love TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
Elvira's Movie Macabre - Doomsday Machine / Werewolf of... TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... TOP 10 Bestseller
$5.95 on Sale
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.98 on Sale
NBC News - Inside Evil: Serial Killers Jeffrey Dahmer & Son... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
99¢ on Sale
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$3.98 on Sale