Love with the Proper Stranger
There is a moment - a long moment - when everything is risked with the proper stranger
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 19, 2017
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: KL Studio Classics
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio commentary by film historians Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan
- Trailer gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Natalie Wood & Steve McQueen|
|Performer:||Virginia Vincent, Edie Adams, Herschel Bernardi, Harvey Lembeck & Tom Bosley|
|Directed by||Robert Mulligan|
|Edited by||Aaron Stell|
|Screenwriting by||Arnold Schulman|
|Composition by||Elmer Bernstein|
|Art Direction by||Hal Pereira & Roland Anderson|
|Produced by||Alan J. Pakula|
|Director of Photography:||Milton R. Krasner|
A tough and tender love story about a foot-loose musician and the Macy's salesgirl who is carrying his child. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Actress--Natalie Wood, Best (Original) Story and Screenplay.
It is 1963, and a young woman becomes pregnant after a one-night stand with a musician at a summer resort. When she confronts him with the news, he, at first, cannot even remember the event. Disturbed by his response and aware that being an unwed mother might ruin her life, she decides she must get an abortion. But things have a strange way of working out sometimes, and she discovers that having the child might work out after all.
- Film debut for actor Tom Bosley.
- Title song "Love with the Proper Stranger" composed by Johnny Mercer and Elmer Bernstein, sung by Jack Jones.
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection, Volume 1 (DVD)