Black Sabbath The Eternal Idol [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.39 (6% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Sanctuary Import
- 1.The Shining
- 2.Ancient Warrior
- 3.Hard Life To Love
- 4.Glory Ride
- 5.Born To Lose
- 7.Scarlet Pimpernel
- 8.Lost Forever
- 9.Eternal Idol
- 10.Black Moon
- 11.Some Kind of Woman
- 12.Glory Ride (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 13.Born To Lose (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 14.Lost Forever (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 15.Eternal Idol (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 16.The Shining (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 17.Hard Life To Love (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 18.Nightmare (Alternative Studio Recording)
- 19.Ancient Warrior (Alternative Studio Recording)
Black Sabbath: Tony Martin (vocals); Tony Iommi (guitar); Geoff Nicholls (keyboards); Dave Spitz; Bob Daisley (bass); Eric Singer (drums); Bev Bevan (percussion).
Producers: Vic Coopersmith-Heaven, Chris Tsangerides, J. Glixman.
Recorded at Air Studios, Monserrat; Air Studios, Battery Studios, London, England.
Considering that Tony Iommi is the sole remaining member from the classic Sabbath lineup, it's not surprising that the centerfold of the CD booklet finds him sitting alone in his black Porsche. Changing personnel more times than Spinal Tap changed drummers, Iommi was determined to keep the Sabbath name alive in the metal-friendly late '80s. 1987's ETERNAL IDOL is a powerful, if uneven, record.
Tony Martin's strong vocals, along with Iommi's melodic riffing, carry IDOL throughout. "The Shining" and "Glory Ride" are fine headbanging numbers, while "Scarlett Pimpernel" is a somber acoustic instrumental. The title track is an epic tune, and the grand finale to an impressive album. For IDOL, Iommi wrote all the songs and IS Black Sabbath, though the additional musicians, all metal veterans, contribute to the music. IDOL is a thumbs-up winner.
Hard Rock Treasures - A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Rock 'n'...
$3.98 on Sale