Bert Jansch The Best of Bert Jansch
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 4, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Shanachie
Vox (12/92, p.92) - 7 - Good - "..The first track is familiar: Jimmy Page took Bert's 'Black Water Side,' put it on the first Led Zeppelin album and retitled it 'Black Mountain Side'.."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Blackwaterside
- $0.99 on iTunes2.M'Lady Nancy
- $0.99 on iTunes3.A Woman Like You
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Strolling Down the Highway
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Casbah
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Reynardine
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Miss Heather Rosemary Sewell
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Come Back Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Poison
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Angi
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Promised Land
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Running, Running from Home
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Alice's Wonderland
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Nicola
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Alman
- $0.99 on iTunes18.It Don't Bother Me
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Peregrinations
- $0.99 on iTunes20.The Gardener
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Sarabanda
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Veronica
- $0.99 on iTunes23.Needle of Death
- $0.99 on iTunes24.Birthday Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes25.Tell Me What Is True Love?
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Recorded between 1965 and 1971.
Personnel: Bert Jansch (vocals, guitar, piano); Duffy Power (harmonica); Ray Warleigh (alto saxophone); Terry Cox (drums).
Liner Note Author: Karl Dallas.
Widely considered one of the greatest folk guitarists ever, British guitarist Bert Jansch first gained notoriety among US folkies when Paul Simon included Jansch's arrangement of Davey Graham's "Angie" on Simon and Garfunkel's 1965 album, THE SOUND OF SILENCE. The extensive and well-annotated BEST OF collection gathers Jansch's "Angie," along with 24 other tracks recorded between 1965 and 1971. Many would argue that this represents Jansch's strongest and most prolific period.
Among the highlights are Jansch's own "Black Water Side"-memorably stolen by Jimmy Page and retitled "Black Mountain Side" on Led Zeppelin's debut album-and Jansch's lovely rendition of Ewan MacColl's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." The latter should come as a revelation to those familiar only with Roberta Flack's smooth hit single from several years later. Balancing Jansch's trademark instrumentals with his equally appealing vocal turns, THE BEST OF BERT JANSCH is both a perfect introduction for novices and a fine collection for fans.
Living in the Shadows, Pt. 2: On the Edge of a Dream (4-CD)
$40.01 Winter Sale
Lonesome Radio: Gems from the Vanguard Vaults (2-CD) NEW
$6.98 Winter Sale
Hit Parade Platinum Collection: 25 Original Recordings (CD)
$6.98 Winter Sale
If I Had a Hammer: The Great American Folk Album (3-CD) NEW
$9.98 on SALE