WWII The Big Picture, Volume 1
|SPRING SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Produced by The U.S. Army Signal Corps Pictorial Center
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: January 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Alpha Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Description by OLDIES.com:
1) D-Day: An unparalleled armada of men and munitions are assembled for a bold cross-channel invasion to begin the Allied assault on Hitler's empire.
2) General George S. Patton: After defeating Rommel in North Africa, Patton leads the 3rd Army on a bold offensive through Nazi Europe. Narrated by Ronald Reagan
3) King of Battle: Five thousand soldiers died in thirty minutes when Pickett charged the Union artillery at Gettysburg. As the big guns get bigger, their death tolls rise.
4) Special Forces: The training and tactics of guerrilla fighters in non-conventional warfare are spotlighted in this segment. Hosted by Henry Fonda
5) History of the U.S. Cavalry: After thousands of years of martial service, the war-weary horse is finally replaced by tanks and choppers in hard-charging U.S. Cavalry regiments.
6) Many Roads to Glory: Heroic examples of the men and machines who worked for the Army Transportation Corps during the war years are depicted.
7) The Role of Armor: The evolution from sluggish iron behemoths to lightning fast assault machines is traced.
8) World War II Battlefields: A look at how the battlefields of Europe have been rebuilt in the 10 years between the war and the broadcast of this series.
- Sales Rank: 8,327
- UPC: 089218525697
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item