|PRESIDENTS' DAY SALE:||$5.98 ENDS TONIGHT|
|You Save:||$6 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 15, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Telarc
JazzTimes - 9/96, p.104"...Bryson's fine phrasing shows an obvious influence of vocal biggies, many more than the lady she salutes on this issue."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.I Don't Know Enough About You
- $0.99 on iTunes2.'Deed I Do
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Some Cats Know
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Why Don't You Do Right?
- $0.99 on iTunes5.You're My Thrill
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Fever
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I'm In Love Again
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Close Your Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Lover
- $0.99 on iTunes10.You Let My Love Get Cold
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I'm Gonna Go Fishin'
- $0.99 on iTunes12.You're Blase
- $0.99 on iTunes13.That Sugar Baby O' Mine
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Where In The World Are You?
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jeanie Bryson (vocals); Red Holloway (tenor saxophone); Ronnie Buttacavoli (flugelhorn, trumpet); Paquito D'Rivera (clarinet); Terry Trotter (piano); John Chiodini (electric & acoustic guitars); Jim Hughart (bass); Harold Jones (drums); Mayra Casales (percussion).
Recorded at Conway Studios, Los Angeles, California on October 11-12, 1995 and Soundtrack, New York City, New York on November 1-4, 1995. Includes liner notes by Will Friedwald and Jeanie Bryson.
Tributee: Peggy Lee .
This is a very logical tribute. Jeanie Bryson has a small but coolly sensual voice, just as Peggy Lee did during her prime. Bryson performs three songs on which Lee wrote the lyrics (including "I Don't Know Enough About You" and "I'm Gonna Go Fishin'"), ten other songs that have been associated with Lee (such as "Some Cats Know," "Why Don't You Do Right" and the inevitable "Fever"), and a number ("Where in the World Are You") penned by Jeanie's mother Connie Bryson. The singer is supported by an intriguing group that includes a four-piece rhythm section with guitarist John Chiodini and pianist Terry Trotter, tenor saxophonist Red Holloway, Paquito D'Rivera (sticking to clarinet), and trumpeter Ronnie Buttacavoli. This is one of Jeanie Bryson's best efforts and should please both her fans and those of Peggy Lee. ~ Scott Yanow
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$4.98 ENDS TONIGHT
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$2.68 ENDS TONIGHT
Verdi Without Words: Grand Opera for Orchestra (CD)
$5.98 ENDS TONIGHT