Broken Blossoms (Silent)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1919
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Richard Barthelmess & Lillian Gish|
|Performer:||George Beranger, Donald Crisp, Arthur Howard, Ed Piel, Norman Selby, Ernest Butterworth, Fred Hamer & Wilbur Higby|
|Directed by||D.W. Griffith|
|Edited by||James Smith|
|Music by||D.W. Griffith|
|Composition by||Louis Gottschalk|
|Cinematography by||G.W. Bitzer|
|Produced by||D.W. Griffith|
Description by OLDIES.com:
D.W. Griffith's most intimate and lyrical film, considered by some critics to be his masterpiece, Broken Blossoms was determined to be too grim by his studio and the director was forced to buy it back and release it himself. The film is also one of the absolute highlights of Lillian Gish's career. She is perfect as the wretched waif, so defeated she is unable to smile without using her fingers to turn up the corners of her mouth.
- Theatrical release: May 13, 1919.
- BROKEN BLOSSOMS was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1996.
- Louis F. Gottschalk wrote the original score for the film.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13032 ratings.
before there was "Imitation of Life" there was Griffith's "Broken Blossoms." If I were to rate this by number of hankies you'll use, I would suggest that before you watch this movie, you invest in the kleenex Corp.
- Sales Rank: 8,439
- UPC: 089218474193
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item