|You Save:||$10.01 (67% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Leslie Nielsen & Priscilla Presley|
|Performer:||George Kennedy, Ricardo Montalban, O.J. Simpson, Raye Birk, Winifred Freedman & Nancy Marchand|
|Directed by||David Zucker|
|Edited by||Michael Jablow|
|Screenwriting by||Jerry Zucker, CAST: Screenwriter: Jim-Abrahams, David Zucker & Pat Proft|
|Composition by||Ira Newborn|
|Produced by||Robert K. Weiss|
|Director of Photography:||Robert M. Stevens|
Like the ZAZ lads' other films, this is a movie made for a VCR Saturday night. They supply the jokes; you bring the microwave popcorn and modest expectations. Full Review
Rating: 2/4 -- Not quite up to Airplane! or Top Secret!, but there are still laughs aplenty. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- It gave me about 10 big laughs and 20 small laughs and as many smiles. That`s value for time and money spent. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- The Naked Gun is hugely funny, but it`s also liberating-precisely because it centers its aim on that cold, closed system and blows it apart. The straight lines are shattered; the empty spaces in the images are packed full until they burst. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! a gift from the crew that gave us the original Airplane! is a charmingly unstable comedy whose "everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" approach to shtick is downright surreal. Full Review
McClatchy News Service
In the years since he first played Drebin, Nielsen has deepened the role, made it more subtle, more universal, more paramount. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
...The result is, no kidding, funnier than all six POLICE SQUAD shows put together...
Los Angeles Times
A slapstick spoof of police thrillers and action films by the makers of AIRPLANE, THE NAKED GUN stars Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin. This comic cop and master car-crasher must protect Queen Elizabeth II when world terrorists target her for assassination during her visit to the U.S. Despite this high-level assignment, Frank still has time to fall in love with a younger woman (Priscilla Presley), and nearly destroy the world several times over while trying to save it. Considerably more successful than the TV series it was based on (POLICE SQUAD!), this zany parody led to two sequels and a comedy career for Leslie Nielsen, then known mainly for his role in FORBIDDEN PLANET.
Detectives | Mystery | Scams And Cons | Slapstick | Spoof | Thriller | Murder | Cops | Mishaps | Theatrical Release
- Budget estimate $14.5 million.
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, California, in Technicolor, Dolby sound.
- Began shooting February 16, 1988; Completed shooting April, 1988; Released in USA December 2, 1988.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Reviewed in the New York Times 12/2/1988.
- Both "The Naked Gun" and the sequel "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" are based on the 1982 television series "Police Squad," created, written and produced by the comedy team of David Zucker, Jerry Zucker and Jim Abrahams. Their first film effort "Kentucky Fried Movie" in 1977 was directed by John Landis.
- "The Naked Gun" marks the film debut of Priscilla Presley, already a star from the hit TV series "Dallas."
- Available to buy in the UK.
- Sales Rank: 46,730
- UPC: 883929302970
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Gene Simmons Family Jewels - Best of Season 1 & 2 (DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
99¢ on Sale
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory [40th Anniversary] (DVD)
$6 Super Savings