The story of a love that became the most fearful thing that ever happened to a woman!
|CYBER MONDAY SALE:||$11.70 Sale ends Nov 30|
|You Save:||$3.29 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 5, 2013
- Originally Released: 1944
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Note: Commentary by composer David Raskin and film professor Jeanine Basinger
- Commentery by film historian Rudy Behlmer
- Gene Tierney: a shattered portrait and Vincent Price: the versatile villain as seen on biography on the A&E network
- Deleted scene
- Original theatrical trailer
- Extended movie version
- The Obsession
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb & Vincent Price|
|Performer:||Judith Anderson, James Flavin, Clyde Fillmore, Ralph Dunn, Grant Mitchell, Kathleen Howard, Dutch Schlickenmeyer, Harry Strang, Lane Chandler & Frank La Rue|
|Directed by||Otto Preminger|
|Edited by||Louis R. Loeffler|
|Screenwriting by||Jay Dratler, Elizabeth Reinhardt, Samuel Hoffenstein, Ring Lardner, Jr. & Jerome Cady|
|Composition by||David Raksin|
|Story by||Vera Caspary|
|Produced by||Otto Preminger|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph LaShelle|
Academy Awards 1944 - Best Cinematography: Joseph LaShelle
Rating: 10/10 -- It's one of the smartest of all noirs, and thus among the most enticingly savage and dangerous. Full Review
Antagony & Ecstasy
A feverish trance wrapped in a deadpan investigation Full Review
Rating: 10/10 -- Preminger deals in facades, with how perception cheats us, right down to the ideal image of Laura as a portrait. (Cinémathèque Annotations on Film) Full Review
Senses of Cinema
What remains of Laura is not only the ability of the scriptwriters and director to keep the mystery of the film noir but the originality of the dramatic structure and the attempt to delve into the psychological characteristics. [Full Review in Spanish] Full Review
El Pais (Spain)
Preminger's waspish masterpiece, which swings from high society noir to romantic mystery two thirds of the way through.
Sight and Sound
A highly polished and debonair whodunit. Full Review
[T]he whodunit still gleams like a pearl-handled pistol...
A classic noirish mystery with a consummate ensemble of actors. Dana Andrews adroitly plays the detective who delves into the murder of the stunningly beautiful Laura, with whom it seems everyone, including the detective himself, is in love. But Webb steals the show as the titular ingenue's creepily elegant social mentor, Waldo Lydecker. Based on the novel by Vera Caspary. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Director. Academy Awards: Best (Black-and-White) Cinematography.
Classic film about a detective who, while investigating the murder of a beautiful woman, falls in love with her likeness in a painting. But was the woman really murdered'
- LAURA was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1999.
- Additional cast: Clyde Fillmore (Bullitt); Ralph Dunn (Fred Callahan); Lee Tung Foo (Servant); and Harold Schlickenmayer, Harry Strang and Lane Chandler (Detectives).
- Sales Rank: 2,189
- UPC: 024543838616
- Shipping Weight: 0.13/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item