The story of a love that became the most fearful thing that ever happened to a woman!
|You Save:||$0.99 (5% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 5, 2013
- Originally Released: 1944
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Note: Commentary by composer David Raskin and film professor Jeanine Basinger
- Commentery by film historian Rudy Behlmer
- Gene Tierney: a shattered portrait and Vincent Price: the versatile villain as seen on biography on the A&E network
- Deleted scene
- Original theatrical trailer
- Extended movie version
- The Obsession
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb & Vincent Price|
|Performer:||Judith Anderson, James Flavin, Clyde Fillmore, Ralph Dunn, Grant Mitchell, Kathleen Howard, Dutch Schlickenmeyer, Harry Strang, Lane Chandler & Frank La Rue|
|Directed by||Otto Preminger|
|Edited by||Louis R. Loeffler|
|Screenwriting by||Jay Dratler, Elizabeth Reinhardt, Samuel Hoffenstein, Ring Lardner, Jr. & Jerome Cady|
|Composition by||David Raksin|
|Story by||Vera Caspary|
|Produced by||Otto Preminger|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph LaShelle|
Academy Awards 1944 - Best Cinematography: Joseph LaShelle
Laura (1944) is elegance incarnate in a genre known for its hard edge, the sleekest, silkiest noir of all. Full Review
Rating: 5/5 -- Not only one of Preminger's greatest, but one of the great noirs.
Little White Lies
Rating: 5/5 -- Laura is still every bit as gripping in 2012. Full Review
Less a crime film than a study in levels of obsession, Laura is one of those classic works that leave their subject matter behind and live on the strength of their seductive style. Full Review
Preminger's waspish masterpiece, which swings from high society noir to romantic mystery two thirds of the way through.
Sight and Sound
[T]he whodunit still gleams like a pearl-handled pistol...
Rating: 10/10 -- It's one of the smartest of all noirs, and thus among the most enticingly savage and dangerous. Full Review
Antagony & Ecstasy
A classic noirish mystery with a consummate ensemble of actors. Dana Andrews adroitly plays the detective who delves into the murder of the stunningly beautiful Laura, with whom it seems everyone, including the detective himself, is in love. But Webb steals the show as the titular ingenue's creepily elegant social mentor, Waldo Lydecker. Based on the novel by Vera Caspary. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Director. Academy Awards: Best (Black-and-White) Cinematography.
Classic film about a detective who, while investigating the murder of a beautiful woman, falls in love with her likeness in a painting. But was the woman really murdered'
- LAURA was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1999.
- Additional cast: Clyde Fillmore (Bullitt); Ralph Dunn (Fred Callahan); Lee Tung Foo (Servant); and Harold Schlickenmayer, Harry Strang and Lane Chandler (Detectives).
March of the Wooden Soldiers (Includes Colorized and B&W...
$4.98 Spring Sale