The story of a love that became the most fearful thing that ever happened to a woman!
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.29 (22% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 5, 2013
- Originally Released: 1944
- Label: 20Th Century Studios
- Note: Commentary by composer David Raskin and film professor Jeanine Basinger
- Commentery by film historian Rudy Behlmer
- Gene Tierney: a shattered portrait and Vincent Price: the versatile villain as seen on biography on the A&E network
- Deleted scene
- Original theatrical trailer
- Extended movie version
- The Obsession
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gene Tierney, Dana Andrews, Clifton Webb & Vincent Price|
|Performer:||Judith Anderson, James Flavin, Clyde Fillmore, Ralph Dunn, Grant Mitchell, Kathleen Howard, Dutch Schlickenmeyer, Harry Strang, Lane Chandler & Frank LaRue|
|Directed by||Otto Preminger|
|Edited by||Louis R. Loeffler|
|Screenwriting by||Jay Dratler, Elizabeth Reinhardt, Samuel Hoffenstein, Ring Lardner, Jr. & Jerome Cady|
|Composition by||David Raksin|
|Story by||Vera Caspary|
|Produced by||Otto Preminger|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph LaShelle|
Academy Awards 1944 - Best Cinematography: Joseph LaShelle
[A] delectable romantic thriller...
Los Angeles Times
Rating: 5/5 -- Few movies make you feel dirtier, and so perversely grateful for the pleasure. Full Review
A feverish trance wrapped in a deadpan investigation Full Review
[T]he whodunit still gleams like a pearl-handled pistol...
5 stars out of 5 -- [L]iterate and mannered in the best way....David Raksin's title song and score are sheer romantic swoon.
Rating: 5/5 -- Laura is still every bit as gripping in 2012. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- Will leave you drunk with delight. Full Review
London Evening Standard
A classic noirish mystery with a consummate ensemble of actors. Dana Andrews adroitly plays the detective who delves into the murder of the stunningly beautiful Laura, with whom it seems everyone, including the detective himself, is in love. But Webb steals the show as the titular ingenue's creepily elegant social mentor, Waldo Lydecker. Based on the novel by Vera Caspary. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Director. Academy Awards: Best (Black-and-White) Cinematography.
Classic film about a detective who, while investigating the murder of a beautiful woman, falls in love with her likeness in a painting. But was the woman really murdered'
- LAURA was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1999.
- Additional cast: Clyde Fillmore (Bullitt); Ralph Dunn (Fred Callahan); Lee Tung Foo (Servant); and Harold Schlickenmayer, Harry Strang and Lane Chandler (Detectives).
- Sales Rank: 4,727
- UPC: 024543838616
- Shipping Weight: 0.13/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Gone with the Wind (70th Anniversary Ed.) (Blu-ray)
$11.50 Super Savings
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2-DVD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$6 Super Savings