Come to the Stable
20th Century Fox Cinema Archives (series)
|You Save:||$12 (44% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- ASPECT RATIO 4:3 (FULL FRAME)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 16, 2012
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Loretta Young, Celeste Holm, Hugh Marlowe, Elsa Lanchester & Thomas Gomez|
|Performer:||Dooley Wilson, Henri Letondal, Basil Ruysdael, Dorothy Patrick, Mike Mazurki & Regis Toomey|
|Directed by||Henry Koster|
|Edited by||William Reynolds|
|Screenwriting by||Oscar Millard & Sally Benson|
|Composition by||Cyril J. Mockridge|
|Produced by||Samuel G. Engel|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph LaShelle|
Description by OLDIES.com:
A heartwarming family film concerning the exploits of two French nuns who come to America, setting up operations in a local stable, in order to raise money for a children's hospital.
A pair of French nuns fulfill their promise to God by moving to New England to found a children's hospital. A pleasingly warm movie based on a story by Clare Boothe Luce. Academy Award Nominations: 7, including Best Actress-- Loretta Young and Best Supporting Actress--Celeste Holm.
When two French nuns relocate to the little town of Bethlehem, Connecticut, they try to improve life in their new community. Overcoming the objections of a stern bishop who comes to view them as an irresistible force, the sisters acquire land from a notorious racketeer. And then, they acquire funding for their venture from one of their former detractors -- a cynical songwriter who becomes sympathetic to their cause, after he learns that his hit song is derived from a Gregorian chant. Through a combination of hard work, prayer and even some skillful gambling, the nuns finally reach their goal, and succeed in establishing a new children's hospital.
- Darryl Zanuck initially purchased the rights to this story as a vehicle for Irene Dunne. Loretta Young persuaded him to let her play the role as part of a contract deal.
- Featured song: "My Bolero," written by Nat Simon and James Kennedy.
- Additional cast: Virginia Kelley (Mrs. Thompson), Pati Behrs (nun), Nan Boardman (nun), Louise Colombet (nun), Georgette Duane (nun), Yvette Reynard (nun), Loulette Sablon (nun), Jean Prescott (Mrs. Matthews), Gary Pagett (Johnnie), Nolan Leary (Station Master), Wallace Brown (Sheldon), Danny Jackson (George), Edwin Max (Whitey), Russ Clark (policeman).
Ultimate Rock & Roll Classics: 74 Original Hits (3-CD Box... TOP 10 Bestseller
$9.98 on SALE
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$5.98 on SALE
WWI - 100th Anniversary Collection: 20 Documentaries (6-DVD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$4.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$3.98 on SALE
End Times Collection (The Apocalypse / 2012: Doomsday /... (DVD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE