Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Rca
- $1.29 on iTunes1.It's Been a Long, Long Time
- 2.Moonglow / Picnic (Theme From 'Picnic')
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Caravan
- $1.29 on iTunes4.It Had to Be You
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Out of Nowhere
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Avalon
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Birth of the Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Someday Sweetheart
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Deed I Do
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Lover Come Back to Me
- $1.29 on iTunes11.World Is Waiting For the Sunrise, The - (previously unreleased, Bonus Tracks)
- $1.29 on iTunes12.You Brought a New Kind of Love to Me - (previously unreleased, Bonus Tracks)
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Caravan - (previously unreleased, alternate take, Bonus Tracks)
- 14.Moonglow / Picnic (Theme From 'Picnic') - (previously unreleased, Bonus Tracks / Rehearsal Version)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Paul Yandell (guitar); Randy Goodrum (piano); Henry Strzelecki, Bob Moore (bass); Larrie London (drums).
Recorded in 1976.
Digitally remastered by Denny Purcell & Jonathan Russell (Georgetown Masters, Nashville, Tennessee).
2 LPs on 1 CD: CHESTER & LESTER (1976)/GUITAR MONSTERS (1978).
Personnel includes: Chet Atkins, Les Paul (guitar); Randy Goodrum (piano); Henry Strzelecki, Bob Moore (bass); Larrie London (drums).
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee.
Personnel: Bobby Thompson (guitar); Paul Yandell, Ray Edenton (guitar); Randy Goodrum (piano); Henry Strzelecki, Bob Moore (bass guitar); Larrie Londin (drums).
Audio Mixer: Richard King .
Liner Note Authors: Nat Hentoff; Rich Kienzle.
Recording information: RCA's Nashville Sound Studios, Nashville, TN (05/06/1975-05/07/1975).
Author: Les Paul.
Photographer: Richard Aaron.
Les Paul is known not only for his contributions to the development of the electric guitar, but for his wizardry in the studio as well (he was a pioneer in the use of multi-track recordings). Part of what makes CHESTER AND LESTER such a treat, however, is the straightforward, easy feel of the session, which seems leagues removed from Paul's painstakingly meticulous experiments. A duo date with Chet Atkins (who was greatly influenced and inspired by Paul), CHESTER AND LESTER showcases two guitar icons playing together as friends.
There is a heavy country flavor to these proceedings, but that doesn't keep either guitarist from flinging around stylistic references to jazz and other genres. Atkins' laid-back fingerpicking style is the perfect counterpoint to Paul's fretboard flurries. The sheer mythic weight created by these two innovators playing side by side is almost enough in itself to recommend the album, but--not surprisingly--the music is wonderful too.
Les PaulThe Absolutely Essential Collection: 60 Original Recordings...
$10.98 on Sale