Deep Red (Blu-ray)
When the Screaming starts and the Blood begins to flow... Pinch yourself and keep repeating I'M AT THE MOVIES! I'M AT THE MOVIES! I'M AT THE MOVIES! I'M AT THE MOVIES!
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$33.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.55 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 4, 2018
- Originally Released: 2018
- Label: Arrow Video
- Note: Brand new restoration from a 4k scan of the original negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Italian soundtrack in DTS-HD MA mono 1.0 and lossless DTS-HD MA 5.1 Audio, and original English soundtrack in DTS-HD MA mono 1.0
- English Subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- Audio Commentary by filmmaker and Argento expert Thomas Rostock
- Introduction to the film by Claudio Simonetti of Goblin
- Profondo Giallo, a new visual essay by Michael Mackenzie featuring an in-depth appreciation of Deep Red, its themes and its legacy
- Rosso Recollections: Dario Argento's Deep Genius - the Deep Red Director on the creation of a gialio masterpiece
- The Lady in Red: Daria Nicolodi Remembers Profondo Rosso
- Music to Murder For! Claudio Simonetti on Deep Red
- Profondo Rosso: From Celluloid to Shop - a tour of the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome with long time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
- Italian Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, Italian
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Italian
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, Italian
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||David Hemmings, Daria Nicolodi, Gabriele Lavia, Macha Méril & Clara Calamai|
|Performer:||Glauco Mauri & Nicoletta Elmi|
|Directed by||Dario Argento|
|Edited by||Franco Fraticelli|
|Screenwriting by||Dario Argento & Bernardino Zapponi|
|Composition by||Giorgio Gaslini|
|Produced by||Salvatore Argento|
|Director of Photography:||Luigi Kuveiller|
|Executive Production by||Claudio Argento|
[I]t's a Hitchcockian tease that compiles a number of virtuoso suspense set pieces...
Sight and Sound
4 stars out of 5 -- A heavy influence on HALLOWEEN....[A] subtly unsettling thriller...
An English pianist living in Rome witnesses the brutal murder of his neighbor, a psychic. With the help of a tenacious young reporter he tries to discover the killer using very unconventional methods--and the two are soon drawn into a shocking web of dementia, savagery and violence.
The murder of a composer's neighbor has ties to the occult book the tunesmith is currently reading. When the songwriter decides to investigate the murder, he finds himself ensnared in a bloody web of intrigue -- particularly when the author of the occult book also turns up dead.
- Theatrical Release: June 11, 1976.
- Director Dario Argento's original cut ran 126 minutes. Most available versions are significantly shorter.
- Argento later opened a shop in Rome named "Profondo Rosso" (the Italian title for "Deep Red"). It featured the "Museo degli Orrori di Dario Argento," a museum of memorabilia from his many films.
- The original American theatrical release was rated R by the MPAA.
Once Upon a Time in America (Extended Director's Cut)...
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
The Who and Friends In Concert - TCT: Concert For Teenage... TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale