Bulldog Drummond Escapes
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Based On A Play By H.C. (Sapper) Mcneile And Gerard Fairlie
- Based On The Writings Of Herman C. Mcneile
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Heather Angel, Porter Hall & Reginald Denny|
|Directed by||James P. Hogan|
|Screenplay by||Edward T. Lowe Jr.|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- Copyright Paramount Pictures, Inc. January 21, 1937.
- Sound by Western Electric Noiseless Recordings.
- First in Paramount Pictures' Bulldog Drummond series, this film was the only one to star Ray Milland. All later productions starred John Howard in the role of the dashing sleuth.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 795 ratings.
Bulldog Drummond's car is stolen by a beautiful woman; naturally, it's love at first sight. (In fact, the subsequent Drummond movies often are framed by their attempts to tie the knot.) It turns out that she is escaping from villains by whom she is promptly recaptured, inspiring Drummond to come to her rescue. Ray Milland plays the title role with a manic obsession which makes him much more interesting that John Howard, who inherited the role in the later movies. The first few minutes are a bit rough, but most of the movie is surprisingly well preserved.
- Sales Rank: 19,376
- UPC: 089218411693
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item