Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies (Blu-ray)
|You Save:||$1.95 (7% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 25, 2017
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: KL Studio Classics
- Note: Audio commentary by film historians David Del Valle and Jesse Merlin
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Tony Curtis, Peter Cook, Jack Hawkins & Dudley Moore|
|Performer:||Lando Buzzanca, Susan Hampshire, Walter Chiari, Terry-Thomas, Bourvil, Mireille Darc, Derren Nesbitt, Marie DuBois, Eric Sykes, Nicoletta Machiavelli & Gert Fröbe|
|Directed by||Ken Annakin|
|Edited by||Peter Taylor|
|Screenwriting by||Ken Annakin & Jack Davies|
|Composition by||Ron Goodwin|
|Produced by||Ken Annakin|
|Director of Photography:||Gábor Pogány|
A mismatched collection of racers show up to compete in a 1920's road rally. Who will win: the preening playboy, the industrialist wanna-be, the goofy British officers, or the dastardly smuggler'
This comedy "vehicle" takes place in the 1920s and centers on the raucous Monte Carlo Rally, a 1500 mile race across Europe's more dangerous terrains. The wacky, multi-ethnic contestants include the sniveling, ruthless Sir Cuthbert; his dashing rival Chester; a couple of bumbling Brits, a pair of German ex-cons (who are smuggling gems in their car); a trio of French babes; and two Italian playboys -- who are more interested in pursuing the three femmes. Vehicular hijinks ensue, as cars crash, careen and collide all the way to the finish line.
- Color by Technicolor; shot by Panavision.
- Additional cast: Nicoletta Machiavelli (Dominique) and Peer Schmidt (Otto).
- Additional credits: Joe Wadham, Frank Henson, Dinny Powell, Jeff Silk and Rockie Taylor (stunt driving team).
- Shot on location in Italy, France and Sweden.