Kitaro An Ancient Journey (2-CD)
|WINTER SALE:||$20.91 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.08 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: February 26, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Domo Records
NAPRA Review - 07-08/02, p.56"...Along with his magical synthesizer, Kitaro adds traditional Chinese and Middle Eastern instruments...to create varied and richly textured sound pictures..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Sumerian Magic
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Inca
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Wonderland I
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Pray For Being
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Sitara Iv
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Mori No Tami
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Pharaoh
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Wonderland Ii
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Main Theme Nile - (version II)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Sumerian Magic Ii
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Kitaro (various instruments); Kristin Stordahl Kanda (flute, alto flute).
Recorded at Mochi House, USA and Japan.
AN ANCIENT JOURNEY was nominated for the 2003 Grammy Awards for Best New Age Album.
Although this set is entitled AN ANCIENT JOURNEY, in the hands of Kitaro history is only half the story. The musician creates an atmospheric sense of space, and refuses to clutter it up, leaving one to feel that he's speaking as much about the future as the past. At the very least, he suggests that the spiritual truths unlocked by ancient civilizations have yet to be fully realized.
Of course, this drama is also achieved by conventional Kitaro methods--the electronic droplets of "Whisper," or the orchestral sweep of "Maya Magic," for instance--but less so than in other productions. For the most part, this is an understated, imagistic album, one that roams freely through time and space.