Color of Night (2-DVD)
In the heat of desire, love can turn to deception. Nothing is what it seems when day turns into night.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.55 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Includes the 122-minute theatrical cut and the 140-minute director's cut
- Number of Discs: 2
- Video: Color
- Released: August 21, 2018
- Originally Released: 2018
- Label: KL Studio Classics
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Includes the 122-minute theatrical cut
- Includes the 140-minute director's cut
- Audio commentary by director Richard Rush (Director's Cut)
- Audio commentary by screenwriter Matthew Chapman (Theatrical Cut)
- KLSC trailers
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bruce Willis & Jane March|
|Performer:||Rubén Blades, Lesley Ann Warren, Brad Dourif, Lance Henriksen, Kevin J. O'Connor, Scott Bakula, Kathleen Wilhoite, Jeff Corey & Shirley Knight|
|Directed by||Richard Rush|
|Edited by||Jack Hofstra|
|Screenplay by||Matthew Chapman & Billy Ray|
|Composition by||Dominic Frontiere|
|Story by||Billy Ray|
|Produced by||Buzz Feitshans & David Matalon|
|Director of Photography:||Dietrich Lohmann|
|Executive Production by||Andrew G. Vajna|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"It'll probably just blow over."
- Dr. Moore (Scott Bakula) shortly before his death.
"The old fender bender."
- Rose (Jane March)
"Everybody's having fun but me!"
- Martinez (Ruben Blades)
"My husband died last year. If it makes you feel better, he suffered a lot. Well, anyway, it made me feel better."
- Edith (Shirley Knight)
Rating: 1/5 -- This is so awful it can't be missed. Full Review
Color of Night and North represent the nadir of Willis' plummeting film career. He can be a most engaging talent; his script selection of late has been awful. Full Review
Rating: 2.5/4 -- It's far from the disaster it's said to have been, but it's also not much to write home about, either. Full Review
The plot gets so convoluted and farfetched that you still may be scratching your head after the denouement, but you probably won't be bored. Full Review
A clear contender for Turkey of the Year made even more risible by much pretentious psychobabble. Full Review
Rating: 2/5 -- I'm tempted to go ahead and explain just exactly how transparent -- and implausible -- this mystery is. But then I don't want to spoil it for people who are even worse than I am at this sort of thing. People like Forrest Gump. Full Review
...[Plays] like a gleefully demented campfire tale....[Blades is] flamboyantly funny...
New York Times
A New York psychologist goes to California to get over a patient's suicide, only to have an L.A. colleague murdered. While conducting his own investigation into the killing he crosses paths with a gorgeous young woman and finds himself targeted by a mysterious killer. This director's cut video contains fifteen minutes of erotic footage not seen in the theatrical release.
When one of psychologist Bill Capa's patients loses control, he's so overcome with guilt that he must leave the Big Apple. He moves to sunny California to live with Dr. Moore, a colleague with whom he shares an ostentatious Malibu home equipped with a pool and a Mercedes. But when Moore is murdered, Capa's got to solve the crime by interviewing loonies, especially beautiful, manipulative and neurotic women, similar to those he'd abandoned in Manhattan.
Mystery | Psychodrama | Romance | Suspense | Thriller | Racy | Film Noir | Erotic | Theatrical Release
- The Director's Cut of "Color of Night" is 15 minutes longer than the original theatrical release. The shorter theatrical cut was rated "R" by the MPAA.
- Copyright Cinergi Pictures Entertainment, Inc., Cinergi Productions N.V. and Buena Vista Distribution, Inc.
- Shot in Technicolor.
- Additional credits: Cynthia McCormac (set decorator); Jack Morrisey (art director); and Terry King (special effects coordinator).
- Title song "The Color of Night" is written by Jud J. Friedman, Lauren Christy, and Dominic Frontiere; performed by Lauren Christy.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection, Volume 3 (1968-1969)
$16.20 Super Savings
The Invisible Dr. Mabuse (1962) / The Death Ray of Dr.... TOP 100 Bestseller
$5.95 on Sale