|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.39 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 12, 2008
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Sony Pictures
- 2-Disc Set
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Tom Brokaw
- Quincy Jones
- Karen Kramer
- Steven Spielberg
- "A Love Story of Today"
- "A Special Kind of Love"
- "Stanley Kramer: A Man's Search For Truth"
- "2007 PGA Stanley Kramer Award Presentation to Al Gore"
- "Stanley Kramer Accepts the Irving Thalberg Award"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier & Katharine Hepburn|
|Performer:||Katharine Houghton, Isabel Sanford, Cecil Kellaway, Roy Glenn, Beah Richards & Virginia Christine|
|Directed by||Stanley Kramer|
|Edited by||Robert C. Jones|
|Screenwriting by||William Rose|
|Produced by||Stanley Kramer|
|Director of Photography:||Sam Leavitt|
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Actress: Katharine Hepburn
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Original Screenplay: William Rose
Examines its subject matter with perception, depth, insight, humor and feeling Full Review
Rating: 6/10 -- ...rather tame and superficial by today's standards: a gentle, sentimental comedy on the subject of interracial marriage. Full Review
Hepburn's extraordinary commitment to Tracy still sears the screen.
Rating: 3/4 -- Initially breezy without ever sacrificing any of its points, the picture eventually resorts to a series of static speeches. Luckily, the actors carry the day, particularly Sidney Poitier, Cecil Kellaway and, taking MVP honors, Spencer Tracy. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- Civil rights, love, and family stress. Full Review
Common Sense Media
The movie insidiously charms us into ignoring its defects, and for this the credit must go to a superb cast. Full Review
4 stars out of 5 -- [O]verall a compassionate and often funny argument that all you need is love.
A liberal white couple (Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, in Tracy's last appearance) put their platitudes to the test. They always taught their daughter (Katharine Houghton, Hepburn's niece) that all people are created equal, regardless of race or religion... until she unexpectedly brings home a black doctor (Poitier) and announces that they're engaged. Academy Award Nominations: 10, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor--Spencer Tracy.
Classic | Race Relations | Romance | Recommended | Parenthood | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- Shot in Technicolor on location in San Francisco, California.
- Actor Spencer Tracy's last film.
- Katharine Hepburn won her second Oscar for her portrayal of Christina Drayton.
- Feature film debut for actress Katharine Houghton, Katharine Hepburn's niece.
- Song "Glory of Love" sung by Jacqueline Fontaine.
- Additional cast: Barbara Randolph (Dorothy), John Hudkins (Cab Driver), Alexandra Hay (Car Hop), Skip Martin (Delivery Boy), Grace Gaynor (Judith), and Tom Heaton (Peter).
The Philadelphia Story (Criterion Collection) (2-DVD)
$26.10 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 2,329
- UPC: 043396211001
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love... (DVD)
$12.60 Super Savings
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love...
$12.60 Super Savings
House of Wax (1953) / Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933)
$12.10 Super Savings