|You Save:||$10.99 (92% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: August 21, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: GRP Records
Down Beat - 2/913 Stars - Good
- 1.Groove Now and Then
- 2.Walk Your Talk
- 3.Steppin' Out
- 4.And I Think About It All the Time
- 5.The Meeting
- 6.African Flower
- 7.Joyful Noise
- 8.Cherry Blossom
- 10.Element of Mystery - (bonus track)
- 11.Virgin - (bonus track)
- 12.Tango - (bonus track)
Personnel: Ernie Watts (tenor saxophone), Patrice Rushen (piano, keyboards, synthesizers), Alphonso Johnson (electric bass), Ndugu Leo Chancler (drums).
Personnel: Patrice Rushen (piano, organ, keyboards, synthesizer); Leon "Ndugu" Chancler (rap vocals, drums, cymbals, timbales, percussion); Ernie Watts (guitar, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Donna Cline (sound effects).
Liner Note Author: Quincy Jones.
Recording information: Fox Run Studios, San Fernando, Trinidad.
Photographer: Carl Studna.
Unknown Contributor Role: Andy Baltimore.
The selections on this diverse CD (a collaboration featuring keyboardist Patrice Rushen, saxophonist Ernie Watts, bassist Alphonso Johnson and drummer Ndugu Chancler) alternate between soulful jazz, inventive R&B, a bit of funk and ballads. Watts is in top form, and Rushen (who recalls Chick Corea on "Tango" and Herbie Hancock in other spots) shows that she can still play with creativity. A few of the tracks are throwaways, especially "Elements of Mystery" and "Virgin," but overall, the set is a pleasant surprise and is recommended to listeners who enjoy R&B-oriented jazz. ~ Scott Yanow
- Sales Rank: 185
- UPC: 011105962025
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item