Justice can never be silenced.
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 3, 2005
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Closed Captioned - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Subtitles - English - optional
- Additional Release Material:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Richard Harris, River Phoenix & Dermot Mulroney|
|Directed by||Sam Shepard|
Intriguing, then, but defiantly slow and awkward. Full Review
An alternately infuriating and exhilarating example of the Western as an art film. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
Rating: 2/5 -- Too often, the mystical mise-en-scene and strange doings are left to speak for themselves, as though Shepard hopes that his film will be assumed to be profound because it is incomprehensible. Full Review
The atmosphere is potent, and it's impressively shot, but there's also a terrible lack of cohesion that makes the film's desperate reach for meaningfulness look increasingly laboured. Full Review
...Eerie, inventive, poetic....Uncompromisingly good...
New York Times
Rating: 2/4 -- Something deep and allegorical could be going on here, but Silent Tongue is at once so overwrought and desert-dull that you can't be bothered to investigate. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- A strangely satisfying and challenging piece of work, one that illustrates how elements of cinema, literature and theater can work in tandem, thanks to a recipe that is one part Poe and two parts Shakespeare. Full Review
A surreal western directed by playwright/actor Sam Shepard. Taking place on the desolate untamed Llano Estacado in 1873, a young half-Native American is stolen from her drunken white father by desperate cowboy, Prescott Roe, who wants her for his grief-stricken son, Talbot, whose wife has died. With the father and his son in hot pursuit, Roe brings the woman to his son, who must reconcile the past with the present before accepting the beautiful half-breed.
When a young man is lost in grief over the death of his Indian bride, his father sets out across the prairies of the Old West to find the only person he believes can break the evil spell - the girl's sister.
- Released theatrically in the USA February 25, 1994.
- Last screen appearance for actor River Phoenix, who died in 1993.
- Additional cast: Jeri Arridondo and David Shiner.
- Additional credits: David Atherton (makeup artist); Joani Yarbrough (haristylist)
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in Anamorphic on location in New Mexico.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1992 Le Studio Canal+.
Dances with Wolves (20th Anniversary Extended Cut)
$8.40 Super Savings
South of Heaven, West of Hell (Director's Cut - Extended... (DVD)
$12.30 Super Savings