|You Save:||$6.01 (26% Off)|
Unavailable: Sold Out
Format: DVD (2 Discs)
sku: KSDVD 1450D
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Released: January 15, 2008
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Mono - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- "The Colorization Process"
- "The Hollywood Blacklist and Bernard Gordon"
- "A Present Day Look at Stop-Motion"
- Tim Burton, Ray Harryhausen
- Ray Harryhausen - Special Effects
- Joan Taylor
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Hugh Marlowe, Joan Taylor & Donald Curtis|
|Performer:||Larry Blake, Charles E. Evans, Thomas Browne Henry, Grandon Rhodes, Harry Lauter & Morris Ankrum|
|Directed by||Fred F. Sears|
|Edited by||Danny B. Landres|
|Screenwriting by||George Worthing Yates|
|Produced by||Charles H. Schneer|
Space scientist Dr. Russell Marvin (Hugh Marlowe) and his wife Carol (Joan Taylor) are working on a secret missile project, but every time their rockets are launched, they are intercepted and destroyed by the more advanced technology of mysterious flying saucers hovering near the Earth. The alien race has completely surrounded the planet, giving Earth the sixty days to surrender. The enemy spacecraft appear indestructible, and Marvin sets out to find a weapon that can defeat them. The special effects of stop-motion animator Ray Harryhausen are legendary, most notably in the scene in which flying saucers attack the Capitol building in Washington, D.C.
- Released theatrically in New York City August 1, 1956.
- Additional cast: Tom Browne Henry (Admiral Enright); Larry Blake (Motorcycle Officer); Charles Evans (Dr. Alberts); and Alan Reynolds (Major Kimberly).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 128 ratings.
Based on 128 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Colorized Movie Lover: Rick Chancey from Louisville, KY US -- June, 22, 2009
The only thing that could make this movie any better was color. I always loved the b&w version but seeing it in color was fantastic!!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.98 on SALE
Retro Science Fiction Adventures, Volume 1 (6-DVD Box Set...
$39.98 on SALE
King Dinosaur 50s Sci-Fi Double Feature - King Dinosaur /... (DVD)
$12.20 CD Sale