Gremlins 2: The New Batch (Blu-ray)
Here they grow again.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$18.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.28 (6% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 46 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 8, 2012
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Over 20 Minutes of Footage Not Seen In Theaters
- Behind-The-Scenes Documentary
- Commentary By Director Joe Dante, Actor Zach Galligan, Writer Charlie Haas and Producer Michael Finnell
- Gag Reel
- Alternate Home Video Sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Phoebe Cates & Zach Galligan|
|Performer:||John Glover, Robert Prosky, Robert Picardo, Christopher Lee, Haviland Morris, Dick Miller, Jackie Joseph, Keye Luke, Gedde Watanabe, Kathleen Freeman, Shawn Nelson, Rick Ducommun, Paul Bartel & Julia Sweeney|
|Directed by||Joe Dante|
|Edited by||Kent Beyda|
|Screenwriting by||Charles S. Haas|
|Composition by||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Produced by||Michael Finnell|
|Director of Photography:||John Hora|
[A] riotous parade of slapstick sadism, self-reflexive gags and more movie parodies than a Mad magazine special...
Sight and Sound
An hilarious sequel featuring equal parts creature slapstick for the small fry and satirical barbs for adults. Full Review
... is one of the funniest comedies of its time, a veritable live-action cartoon from Joe Dante at his most unrestrained. Full Review
Rating: 8/10 -- An odd, but rewarding sequel that ups the ante on comedy and effects, and manages to offer a refreshing spoof of the first film. Full Review
Only a snob could resist such a generous level of lunacy. Full Review
This uninhibited and uproarious monster bash, directed by Joe Dante, is more quick-witted and ironic than the original; it sets forth a savvy, slaphappy agenda before the opening credits and follows it straight through to the end, and even beyond.
"Gremlins" deserved a much better follow up than "The New Batch." Full Review
Just when they thought they were safe, young sweethearts Billy (Zach Galligan) and Kate (Phoebe Cates) from Joe Dante's GREMLINS have moved on to the Big Apple, landed jobs in a high-tech office park, and have met up with Gizmo once again. When a series of accidents creates a whole new generation of Gremlins, the three pals must use everything they know to prevent another comic catastrophe. The monsters wreck havoc at Clamp Industries, the "smart building" where Billy and Kathy work, creating madness and mayhem for the Donald Trump-like owner, Daniel Clamp (John Glover), who sees the invasion as yet another opportunity for media attention. But, when the monsters invade "Splice of Life," the top-secret genetics laboratory housed at Clamp Industries, the Gremlins develop new genetically altered powers that make them even harder to destroy. This highly inventive sequel to GREMLINS, successfully combines wicked horror and dark humor in an outrageous and eerily realistic post modern setting.
- Cameo appearances by screenwriter, Charlie Haas, as Casper; composer Jerry Goldsmith as a customer at the frozen yogurt counter; and real-life movie critic Leonard Maltin, as himself (on the cable access show "Movie Police", he is giving the original GREMLINS a bad review).
- Cameo appearance by SNL's Julia Sweeney as the receptionist at "Splice of Life."
Two different versions of the film were made, one for theatrical release and one for video. In the theatrical version the film appears to begin to burn, in the video release the segment simulates a broken VCR.
Science Fiction Collection (Crash of the Moons / The Killer...
$4.98 on Sale
Gremlins 2-Film Collection (Gremlins / Gremlins 2: The New...
$12.10 Super Savings
The Goonies / Gremlins / Gremlins 2: The New Batch (3-DVD)
$9.80 Super Savings
Gremlins [30th Anniversary Diamond Luxe Ed.] (Blu-ray)