CeDell Davis The Horror of It All
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: May 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Fat Possum Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Coon Can Mattie
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Chicken Hawk
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Keep On Snatchin It Back
- $0.99 on iTunes4.The Horror
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Come Here Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Worried Life
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Cold Chills
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Mistreating Me
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I Want You
- $0.99 on iTunes10.If You Like Fat Women
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Tojo Told Hitler
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: CeDell Davis (vocals, guitar); Kenny Brown (guitar); Dale Beavers (bass); Sam Carr, Calvin Jackson (drums).
Personnel: Kenny Brown (guitar); Calvin Jackson , Sam Carr (drums).
Audio Mixer: Bruce Watson .
Photographer: Matthew Johnson.
A hardcore blues artist like Davis could only find a home on a label like Fat Possum, champions of all that is pure and unadulterated in Mississippi blues. The apparently wheelchair-bound Davis accompanies himself on guitar with a quirkiness that immediately sets him apart from the crowd. His appealingly sloppy electric guitar work sticks out of each tune like a broken bottle with a million jagged edges, and it's virtually impossible to get through THE HORROR OF IT ALL without bleeding a little bit. Davis performs solo on most of the album, though R.L. Burnside's guitarist Kenny Brown and a few other pop up. Davis' ominous themes and creepy demeanor can be downright unnerving, as on "Chicken Hawk" and the John Lee Hookerish title track. But he's also got a screwy sense of humor that lightens things up when necessary, as evidenced by the riotous history lesson of the closing "Tojo Told Hitler."
The Eerie Midnight Horror Show (Retro Cover Art + Postcard) TOP 100 Bestseller
$5.95 on Sale
Grindhouse Shock Show (Bloody Pit of Horror / Nightmare...
$4.98 on Sale