Sleepy John Estes I Ain't Gonna Be Worried No More 1929-1941
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 1, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Yazoo
Q - 11/92, p.1383 Stars - Good - "...a rich collection..."
Option - Nov.-Dec./92, p.114"...represents the wealth of musical riches Estes recorded during his heyday...a rhythmically entrancing set of country blues...The playing is dynamic and propulsive throughout..."
Living Blues - Sept.-Oct./92, p.77"...If you don't have any prewar Estes, this set is a logical choice; it samples the string band sides and gives you an overview of his prewar career..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Milk Cow Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Girl I Love, She Got Long Curly Hair
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Someday Baby Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Little Laura Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Black Mattie Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Special Agent (Railroad Police Blues)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Broken Hearted, Ragged and Dirty Too
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Drop Down Mama
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Street Car Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Lawyer Clark Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Watcha Doin'?
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Who's Been Telling You, Buddy Brown Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Everybody Oughta Make a Change
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Poor John Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Fire Department Blues (Martha Hardin)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.I Ain't Gonna Be Worried No More
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Divin' Duck Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Down South Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Clean up at Home
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Floating Bridge
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Working Man Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Airplane Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes23.Stop That Thing
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Sleepy John Estes (vocals); James "Yank" Rachell (mandolin); Hammie Nixon (harmonica); Jab Jones (piano).
Aroducers: Richard Nevins, Don Kent, Stefan Grossman.
Includes liner notes by Don Kent.
Personnel: Sleepy John Estes (vocals, guitar); Charlie Pickett, Son Bonds (guitar); Yank Rachell (mandolin); Hammie Nixon (harmonica); Jab Jones (piano).
Liner Note Author: Don Kent.
Recording information: 1929-1941.
Sleepy John Estes was an influence to such artist as Big Bill Broonzy and Arthur Crudup. In 1919, harmonica player Hammie Nixon teamed up with Estes and they remained partners until the 1950's. Estes moved to Chicago from his native Tennessee in 1930 where he recorded for the Decca, Bluebird and Champion labels.
Avalon Blues: The Complete 1928 Okeh Recordings (CD)
Have Mercy! (With Lightnin' Hopkins, Sonny Terry & Brownie... (CD)
$4.48 Presidents' Day Sale
The RPM Blues Story: 44 Original Blues Classics (2-CD)
$6.98 Presidents' Day Sale