Blind Boy Fuller Truckin' My Blues Away
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 12, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Yazoo
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Truckin' My Blues Away
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Untrue Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Homesick and Lonesome Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes4.You Never Can Tell
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Mamie
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Jivin' Woman Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Weeping Willow
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Funny Feeling Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I Crave My Pigmeat
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Corrine What Makes You Treat Me So?
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Meat Shakin' Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Walking My Troubles Away
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Painful Hearted Man
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Sweet Honey Hole
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Blind Boy Fuller (guitar); Blind Boy Fuller (vocals); Bull City Red (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Stephen Calt.
For most listeners, Blind Boy Fuller's Truckin' My Blues Away (on Yazoo) may be a better bet than Columbia/Legacy's East Coast Piedmont Style, since it actually has a higher concentration of strong material, capturing the influential bluesman at his peak. All of the 14 tracks were recorded between 1935 and 1938, and there are a number of exceptional performances here, including "Homesick and Lonesome Blues," "Truckin' My Blues Away," "I Crave My Pig Meat," "Walking My Troubles Away" and "Sweet Honey Hole." It's a nice, concise introduction and, best of all, there's no duplication between this disc and East Coast Piedmont Style, making the two discs wonderful complementary collections that tell a comprehensive story when taken together. ~ Thom Owens
Henry ThomasTexas Worried Blues: Complete Recorded Works 1927-1929...
The Rough Guide to Blues Legends: Blind Boy Fuller (CD)
$13.81 Winter Sale
Rough Guide To Blind Boy Fuller (Limited Ed. Vinyl) (LP)
$18.44 Winter Sale
50 of the Most Influential Blues Songs of the 20th Century... (CD) NEW
$6.98 Winter Sale