The Allman Brothers Band Beginnings
|You Save:||$6 (38% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: ZENG 31259
- Released: October 14, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Mercury
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Don't Want You No More
- $1.29 on iTunes2.It's Not My Cross To Bear
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Black Hearted Woman
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Trouble No More
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Every Hungry Woman
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Dreams
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Whipping Post
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Revival
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Don't Keep Me Wonderin'
- $0.69 on iTunes10.Midnight Rider
- $1.29 on iTunes11.In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Hoochie Coochie Man
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Please Call Home
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Leave My Blues At Home
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The 2 original albums ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND (January, 1970) and IDLEWILD SOUTH (October, 1970) are also available seperately on 2 remastered CDs.
Allman Brothers Band: Gregg Allman (vocals, piano, organ); Berry Oakley (vocals, bass); Duane Allman (acoustic & slide guitars); Dickey Betts (guitar); Thom Doucette (harmonica, percussion); Jai Johnny Johanson (drums, percussion, congas, timbales); Butch Trucks (drums, percussion, timbales, maracas).
Producers: Tom Dowd, Adrian Barber, Joel Dorn.
Engineers include: Adrian Barber, Ron Albert, Howie Albert.
ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, New York. IDLEWILD SOUTH recorded at Regent Sound Studios, New York, New York; Capricorn Sound Studios, Macon, Georgia; Atlantic South-Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida. Includes liner notes by Jean-Charles Costa.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Gregg Allman (vocals, piano, organ); Berry Oakley (vocals); Duane Allman (guitar, slide guitar); Dickey Betts (guitar); Thom Doucette (harmonica, percussion); Jaimoe (drums, congas, timbales, percussion); Butch Trucks (drums, timpani).
Originally issued in 1973, Beginnings was a two-record set that repackaged the Allman Brothers' first two releases, 1969's The Allman Brothers Band and 1970's Idlewild South. The music captures the Allmans in their early stage and features soon-to-be deceased members Duane Allman and Berry Oakley. Highlights include the jam-fest "Whipping Post" (which would soon take on an on-stage life all its own), as well as the slightly psychedelic "Dreams," the soaring "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed," and the road anthem "Midnight Rider." The roots of Southern rock can be minutely inspected on Beginnings'
The Allman Brothers BandHell & High Water: The Best of the Arista Years (CD)
$9.98 CD Sale