|PRESIDENTS' DAY SALE:||$9.87 ENDS TONIGHT|
|You Save:||$5.10 (34% Off)|
- Making-Of Documentary: Hitchcock's Confession: A Look At 'I Confess'
- Premiere Newsreel
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Mono 1.0 - English
- Mono 1.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: HITCHCOCK'S CONFESSION: A LOOK AT I CONFESS
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Montgomery Clift & Anne Baxter|
|Performer:||Karl Malden, Brian Aherne, Dolly Haas, O.E. Hasse, Charles Andre & Roger Dann|
|Directed by||Alfred Hitchcock|
|Edited by||Rudi Fehr|
|Screenplay by||William Archibald & George Tabori|
|Composition by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Art Direction by||Ted Haworth|
|Director of Photography:||Robert Burks|
"Considered by the French New Wave critics and theaters as one of Hitchcock's greatest films..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Academy Award winners Anne Baxter and Karl Malden co-star as a former flame and a police inspector whose attempts to clear Logan only entrap him further. Filmed in Quebec on locations highlighting that city's Old World traditions, I Confess races toward a climax that's unforgettable. And in true Hitchcock fashion, you'll confess to being hooked all the way.
- Filmed in Quebec, Canada.
- Hitchcock cameo: Hitchcock crosses at the top of a staircase as the film begins.
- Hitchcock originally wanted Anita Bjork (Miss Julie) to play the role given to Anne Baxter.
- Louis Verneil sold the original play to Hitchcock.
- The film is based on the 1902 play NOS DEUX CONSCIENCES by Paul Anthelme.