First Blood (Ultimate Edition)
This time he's fighting for his life.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Groundbreaking Military Special Operations Features
- Commentary by Sylvester Stallone
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate Ending
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 23, 2004
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - 1. Sylvester Stallone
- Deleted Scenes - 1. Alternate Suicide Ending
- Interactive Features:
- Full Spectrum Warrior X-Box Game Demo
- RAMBO Download - 1.Portable Media Center Versions
- MetaVision: Survival Mode - 1. Activate to anhance your viewing capability of the film.
- MetaPlot: Military Training Features - 1. Exclusive access to manuals, diagrams and
- demonstrations of special ops techniques and tactics.
- Early Warning System
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sylvester Stallone & Richard Crenna|
|Performer:||Brian Dennehy, David Caruso, Bill McKinney, Jack Starrett, Michael Talbott, John McLiam & Chris Mulkey|
|Directed by||Ted Kotcheff|
|Edited by||Thom Noble & Joan E. Chapman|
|Screenwriting by||Michael Kozoll, William Sackheim & Sylvester Stallone|
|Composition by||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Produced by||Buzz Feitshans|
|Director of Photography:||Andrew Laszlo|
|Executive Production by||Mario Kassar & Andrew G. Vajna|
As John Rambo, Sylvester Stallone was a one-man army.
Rating: 3/4 -- The first and best of the franchise. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- Sylvester Stallone is one of the great physical actors in the movies, with a gift for throwing himself so fearlessly into an action scene that we can't understand why somebody doesn't really get hurt. Full Review
Rating: A- -- While the sequels may have tarnished it's reputation, Rambo's original adventure is a great action-thriller and character study. Full Review
Sean Chandler Talks About
The movie makes the protagonist into a new hero, which is why he doesn't die, although in the excellent original novel his defeat was precisely the message. [Full Review in Spanish] Full Review
El Pais (Spain)
Rating: 3/4 -- The darker tone, somber subtext, and generally non-exploitative violence allow viewers to enjoy the film not only as an action/thriller but as something with a degree of intelligence and substance. Full Review
Director Ted Kotcheff has all sorts of trouble with this mess, aside from credibility. Full Review
Description by OLDIES.com:
He never fought a battle he couldn't win. Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone stars as war hero, ex-Green Beret John Rambo in the one that started it all! First Blood is an explosive action-thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the final, powerful frame.
After being arrested for a crime which he did not commit, a Green Beret survivor of the Vietnam War begins having terrible nightmares. This gripping, action-packed tale demonstrates the tragic psychological consequences of armed struggle. A classic action movie-war film, RAMBO spawned many successful sequels.
Sylvester Stallone stars as ex-Green Beret John Rambo, a shell-shocked Vietnam vet adrift in the Pacific Northwest. Harassment by an unsympathetic small-town sheriff brings on nasty flashbacks of torture at the hands of the Viet Cong; after busting out of the jail where he has been unjustly imprisoned, our psychically-scarred hero vows to get revenge on the ungrateful sheriff. Before blowing the sheriff and his town away, however, Rambo must use his jungle smarts to elude the relentless posse of state troopers and National Guardsmen who pursue him through the forest.
Action | Justice | Thriller | Vietnam | Injustice | On-The-Run | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- Shot in Technicolor and Panavision.
- Copyright 1982 Carolco Pictures, Inc. (United States and Canada); Carolco International N.V. (all other countries).
Bronson Triple Threat Collection (Death Wish 2 / Death Wish... (DVD)
$10.30 Super Savings
Fritz Lang: Metropolis / Things To Come (2-Tape Set)
$3.96 on Sale