It's a Wonderful Life (Platinum Anniversary Edition) (2-DVD)
It's a wonderful laugh! It's a wonderful love!
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.10 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.89 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 11, 2016
- Originally Released: 1946
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: The making of "It's A Wonderful Life": a documentary featurette hosted by Tom Bosley
- A personal remembrance: a special tribute to Frank Capra narrated by his son, Frank Capra, Jr.
- Original theatrical trailer
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||James Stewart & Donna Reed|
|Performer:||Lionel Barrymore, Thomas Mitchell, Henry Travers, Beulah Bondi, Frank Faylen, Ward Bond, Gloria Grahame, H.B. Warner, Bob Scott, Charles Williams, Charles Lane & Karolyn Grimes|
|Directed by||Frank Capra|
|Edited by||William Hornbeck|
|Screenwriting by||Jo Swerling, Frank Capra, Albert Hackett & Frances Goodrich|
|Composition by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Art Direction by||Jack Okey|
|Story by||Philip Van Doren Stern|
|Produced by||Frank Capra|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph Walker & Joseph F. Biroc|
Rating: A+ -- A movie people will have a good time watching with their families for enduring decades. Full Review
...As appealing as ever...
Sight and Sound
...With the power to melt the coldest of hearts. James Stewart gives a flawless performance...
Rating: 5/5 -- There's sex and death here, elation and depression, hope and despair. Full Review
Little White Lies
...It looks more masterful than ever...
Rating: 5/5 -- Frank Capra's century-defining masterpiece is a treasure of Classical Hollywood cinema. Full Review
Rating: 4/4 -- The most well-loved of all Christmas movies. Full Review
A good but slightly ineffectual man tries to off himself after an error that really wasn't his fault. In Christmas Carol fashion, his crusty-but-lovable guardian angel shows up to give him a tour of the world without his presence, and it isn't a pretty place. Moral courage, small-town American life, civic cooperation, and family love are glorified; corporate greed and self-involvement are vilified; at the climax, a blanket of snow like spun sugar makes everything pure and clean like redemption itself.
Afterlife | Holiday | Classic | Tear Jerker | Self-Discovery | Christmas | Thanksgiving | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1990.
- Academy Award Nominations: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor (James Stewart), Best Editing, Best Sound.
- Sales Rank: 1,813
- UPC: 032429251633
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
A Charlie Brown Christmas (50th Anniversary) (2-DVD)
$15.40 Super Savings