|You Save:||$10.99 (65% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: RCA LSP-2762 (1963)
- Original Album #2: RCA Victor SP-2713 (1963)
Description by OLDIES.com:
To many people in the business and in the record buying public, there was just no better male jazz singer than Joe Williams. Here are two of the great Williams albums, both originally recorded for RCA Records: "At Newport '63" captures a sizzling live performance, while the talent joining Williams on "Jump For Joy" reads like a Who's Who in the world of jazz.
- 1.Without A Song
- 2.Gravy Waltz
- 3.She's Warm, She's Willing, She's Wonderful
- 4.Come Back Baby
- 5.All God's Chillun Got Rhythm / Do You Wanna Jump Children
- 6.Wayfaring Stranger
- 7.Every Day
- 8.Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere
- 9.April In Paris
- 10.In The Evenin' (When The Sun Goes Down)
- 11.Some Of This 'N' Some Of That
- 12.Roll 'Em Pete
- 13.Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away)
- 14.You Perfect Stranger
- 15.It's A Wonderful World
- 16.Sounds Of The Night
- 17.More Than Likely
- 18.She Doesn't Know (I Love Her)
- 19.I Went Out Of My Way
- 20.Great City
- 21.A Good Thing
- 22.Just A-Sittin' And A-Rockin'
- 23.My Last Affair
- 24.Jump For Joy
2 LPs on 1 CD: AT NEWPORT '63 (1963)/JUMP FOR JOY (1963).
AT NEWPORT '63:
Personnel: Joe Williams (vocals); Coleman Hawkins, Zoot Sims (tenor saxophone); Clark Terry (trumpet, flugelhorn); Howard McGhee (trumpet); Junior Mance (piano); Bob Cranshaw (bass); Mickey Roker (drums).
Recorded live in Newport, Rhode Island on July 5, 1963. Includes liner notes by George Avakian and Mark Marymont.
JUMP FOR JOY:
Personnel includes: Joe Williams (vocals); Jimmy Jones, Oliver Nelson (arranger).
Producer: George Avakian.
Recorded at Webster Hall, New York, New York.
This Collectables single-disc collects two very good albums Joe Williams recorded for RCA from the early '60s. While the presentation of this collection could have been better -- the packaging looks a little cheap and the sound isn't all it could have been -- both of these records are quite good and this is a good way to collect both records on disc, even if RCA has reissued these albums as better-sounding single discs. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Bobby HackettHello Louis! / Plays Tony Bennett's Greatest Hits (CD)
$11.98 on Sale
- Sales Rank: 27,811
- UPC: 090431270622
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 on Sale
The Christmas Collection: All the Music You'll Need This... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$3.98 on Sale