|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.39 (16% Off)|
- Audio Commentary
- Featurette: The Making of From Here To Eternity
- Excerpt from "Fred Zinnemann: As I See It"
- Theatrical Trailers
- Audio: English, French, Spanish & Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 1953
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono- English
- Dolby Digital Mono- French
- Dolby Digital Mono- Portuguese
- Dolby Digital Mono- Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Tim Zinneman- Son of Director, Alvin Sargent- Featured Actor
- Making 0f FROM HERE TO ETERNITY
- EXCERPTS FROM FRED ZINNEMAN- AS I SEE IT
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
- Production Notes
- Talent Files
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed & Frank Sinatra|
|Performer:||Philip Ober, Jack Warden, Mickey Shaughnessy & Ernest Borgnine|
|Directed by||Fred Zinnemann|
|Edited by||William A. Lyon|
|Screenwriting by||Daniel Taradash|
|Composition by||George Duning|
|Art Direction by||Cary Odell|
|Produced by||Buddy Adler|
|Director of Photography:||Burnett Guffey|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Winner of eight Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Supporting Actor (Frank Sinatra), From Here To Eternity provided truly career-defining roles for Frank Sinatra, as Prewitt's buddy, and Donna Reed (It's A Wonderful Life), as a not-so-wholesome "club hostess."
- The Columbia TriStar special edition video #80693 is part of a limited edition Academy Awards sell through package that comes with a free copy of "Oscar's Greatest Moments," a classic collection of some of the most memorable moments from Oscar telecasts.
- Contract player Aldo Ray was the original choice for Prewitt by Columbia Studio chief Harry Cohn, but Fred Zinnemann and novelist James Jones wanted Montgomery Clift.
- Filmed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
- The film's technical consultant was Retired Brigadier General Kendall J. Fielder, Ret.
- Additional cast: Merle Travis (Sal Anderson), Arthur Keegan (Treadwell), Douglas Henderson (Corporal Champ Wilson), and John Bryant (Captain Ross).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 60574 ratings.
This is one of my favorite world war II movies. I don't like war movies,but this is one of the best. Burt Lancaster is a fine actor. And I also like "old blues eyes" himself. He was excellent as " Magio". There's alot of rising stars in this movie. I have the movie,and I watch it over and over again. Check it out. I think you you will enjoy it.
- Sales Rank: 10,464
- UPC: 043396053199
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item