Tommy Castro Painkiller
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Blind Pig
Living Blues - p.49"In addition to assertive guitar and forceful songwriting, Castro supplies husky and gritty lead vocals."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Love Don't Care
- $0.99 on iTunes2.I'm Not Broken
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Painkiller
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Big Sister's Radio
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Good Fool Is Hard to Find
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Err on the Side of Love
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Roll When I Rock
- $0.99 on iTunes8.If You Believe (In What You Do)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.It's That Time Again
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Goin' Down South
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Lonesome and Then Some
- $0.99 on iTunes12.It Ain't Easy Bein' Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Tommy Castro (vocals, guitar); Coco Montoya (vocals, guitar); Angela Strehli (vocals); Keith Crossan (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Tom Poole (trumpet, flugelhorn); Tony Stead (piano, Wurlitzer organ); Teresa James (piano, background vocals); Chris Sandoval (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion); Bonnie Hayes (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: John Porter.
Recording information: Laughing Tiger, San Rafael, CA.
Photographer: Eddie Lee Ebony.
Tommy Castro has long been a disciple of both Stax/Volt-era R&B and the electric blues of the Texas and Chicago schools, and on PAINKILLER he synthesizes those influences perfectly. Whether on the Wilson Pickett-esque "I'm Not Broken," the classic rock boogie of "I Roll When I Rock," or straight-ahead blues such as the cover of Albert Collins's "A Good Fool is Hard to Find" (which features guest Coco Montoya), PAINKILLER is full of hard-driving, horn-sweetened, electric guitar-fueled barnburners. Castro's stinging leads are featured throughout, but what most impresses is the overall musical punch packed throughout this blast of blues and soul.
The RPM Blues Story: 44 Original Blues Classics (2-CD)
$6.98 Presidents' Day Sale