Tommy James Three Times In Love/Hi-Fi (Import)
|You Save:||$6.09 (34% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: January 17, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Angel Air
- $0.99 on iTunes1.You Got Me
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Long Way Down
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Three Times in Love
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Lady in White
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Everything I Am
- $0.99 on iTunes6.It's Magic
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Just Wanna Play the Music
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Let It Slide
- $0.99 on iTunes9.It's Alright for Now
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Go
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Burnin' for You
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Annie Come Knockin'
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Ordinary Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes14.You Take My Breath Away
- $0.99 on iTunes15.What Kind of Love (Do You Want)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Heartbeat in the Night
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Love You Too Much
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Backtrack
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Tommy James (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Julio Fernandez (guitar); Louie Conte, Ron Serota (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Chuck Kentis (keyboards, synthesizer); Glenn Wyka (keyboards, drums); Jason Miles (synthesizer); Aristotle Pyronis (string synthesizer); Al Christopher (drums, percussion); Fonzi Thornton, Ullanda McCullough, Paul Bernhardt, Lujuan Carter, Luther Vandross, Robin Clark (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Craig Bishop.
Liner Note Author: Ed Osborne.
Recording information: Cove City Sound; East Hill Studio, Palisades Park, NJ; House Of Music, West Orange, NJ; Second City Sound Studios, Glen Cove, Long Island, NY.
Photographers: Waring Abbott; Nick Sangiamo.
This set repackages two Tommy James solo albums: Three Times in Love was released in 1980, and Hi-Fi a decade later, both independently. The former album holds more appeal in the 21st century, simply because its production wasn't marred by the excesses of the '80s, which plague many of the songs on the latter. That said, James, who co-wrote almost everything on both these records, was still at his best in terms of composition and his commitment to performing. Still, this collection is likely for hardcore fans and completists only. ~ Thom Jurek