The Rippingtons Wild Card
JazzTimes: "[D]elightfully high-spirited, Latin-tinged....Freeman's trademark catchy melodies are still amply represented."
|You Save:||$0.18 (2% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: May 17, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Peak Records
JazzTimes - p.103"[D]elightfully high-spirited, Latin-tinged....Freeman's trademark catchy melodies are still amply represented."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Gypsy Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Wild Card
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Vacil¢n, El
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Paradise
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Spanish Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Mulata de Mi Amor
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Moonlight
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Till You Come Back to Me
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Lay It Down
- $0.99 on iTunes10.King of Hearts
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Into You
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Mulata de Mi Amor - (Instrumental)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.In the End
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Rippingtons: Kim Stone (bass instrument); Eric Marienthal, Russ Freeman , Bill Heller, Scott Breadman, Dave Karasony.
Personnel: Willy Chirino, Chant‚ Moore (vocals, background vocals); Russ Freeman (guitar, keyboards, programming); Eric Marienthal (saxophone); Gary Grant, Bill Riechenbach, Jerry Hey (trumpet); Bill Heller (piano, keyboards); Dave Karasony (drums); Scott Breadman (percussion); Ozomatli, Ra£l Pacheco, Asdrubal Sierra, Sheffer Bruton (background vocals).
Additional personnel: Albita, Chant‚ Moore.
Audio Mixer: Steve Sykes.
Recording information: Castle Oaks Studios, Calabasas, CA; Latinum Music Studios, Miami, FL; Surfboard Studios, Boca Raton, FL.
Illustrator: Bill Mayer.
Photographer: Carl Studna.
Arrangers: Russ Freeman ; Lloyd Talbot; Ralph Sutton .
Smooth jazz stalwarts the Rippingtons infuse their trademark brand of instrumental pop with a Latin aesthetic on Wild Card. Once again featuring the lead guitar of Russ Freeman, the Rippingtons deliver a solid collection of mellow contemporary pop and lite jazz that should please longtime fans. Evenly split between R&B-inflected cuts such as the Aretha Franklin hit "Till You Come Back to Me" and Latin tracks including the flamenco-inspired "Spanish Girl" and the salsa-ready "Mulata di Mi Amor," Wild Card is a pleasant listen. ~ Matt Collar
The Greatest Jazz Legends: 19 Original Albums (10-CD) NEW
$15.98 on SALE
Come On Down! / The Reason Why I'm Talking S--t (2-CD)
$5.98 on SALE
The Very Best of Ragtime: 50 Classic Recordings (2-CD) NEW
$7.98 on SALE