Marc Ribot Shoe String Symphonettes
|You Save:||$0.68 (4% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: March 18, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Tzadik
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Looks Like Hell
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Hitman
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Medley: Aelita Suite I: Martian / Lost In Space / More Martians / Harping And Burning / Prepare For Landing
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Montuno
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Bells
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Medley: Aelita Suite II: Martian Telescope / Men Of Science
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Before the Prison Riot
- $1.29 on iTunes8.You Kill Him
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Surf's Down
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Paul's There
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Did You?
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Medley: Aelita Suite III: A Message From Mars / Martian Battle / Avante Popolo
- $1.29 on iTunes13.End Credits(Landlord Blues)
- $1.29 on iTunes14.End Credits (Death by Unatural Causes)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Marc Ribot (alto horn, trumpet, guitar, banjo, sampler); Roy Nathanson, John Zorn, Andy Haas (saxophone); Dave Douglas (trumpet); Curtis Fowlkes, Mike Kearsey, Jim Stanley (trombone); Gregory Ribot (flute); Vicki Bodner (oboe); Jill Jaffe (violin, viola); Jim Nolet, Phil Boyden (violin); Helen Thomas, Maxine Neuman (cello); Bill Ware (vibraphone); Charles Giordano (piano, keyboards); Dave Meric (keyboards); Anthony Coleman (organ); Greg Cohen, Brad Jones, Tony Garnier (bass); E.J. Rodriguez, Paul Clarvis (drums, percussion); Cyro Baptista (drums); Ikue Mori, Mauro Refosco (percussion).
Engineers include: Gary Thomas, Hugo Dwyer, Ed Bear.
Recorded at Bear Track, Studio Crisp, Studio 900 and Splash Studios in New York, New York and live at the Meltdown Festival, Royal Festival Hall, London, England.
Personnel: Marc Ribot (guitar, banjo, trumpet, sampler); Jill Jaffe (violin, viola); Jim Nolet, Phil Boyden (violin); Helen Thomas , Maxine Newman (cello); Greg Ribot (flute); Vicki Bodner (oboe); John Zorn, Andy Haas, Roy Nathanson (saxophone); Dave Douglas (trumpet); Curtis Fowlkes, Michael Kearsey (trombone); Charlie Giordano (piano, keyboards); Dave Meric (keyboards); Bill Ware (vibraphone); Greg Cohen , Brad Jones , Tony Garnier (bass instrument); Cyro Baptista, Paul Clarvis (drums); Mauro Refosco (percussion).
Marc Ribot's contribution to Tzadik's series of interpretive film scores, Shoe String Symphonettes features music inspired by such cinematic oddities as Jacob Burkhardt's Landlord Blues and Yakov Protazanov's 1928 farce Aelita Queen of Mars. With musical themes ranging from the edgy minimalism of '50s suspense thrillers to P‚rez Prado's swanky lounge-mambo, Symphonettes features some of Ribot's most compelling work to date, both creatively augmenting the originals and sketching out cinematic spaces more or less autonomous from the films they were inspired by. Guest musicians include Greg Cohen, Andy Haas, John Zorn, Bill Ware, and Curtis Fowlkes. ~ Sean Cooper