|SUPER SAVINGS:||$18.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.59 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 8, 2007
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- 2-Disc Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Disc 1: THAT THING YOU DO! - Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital DTS 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Tom Everett Scott, Jonathon Schaech, Steve Zahn, Ethan Embry, Liv Tyler - Stars
Disc 2: Extras
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Video: Josh Clayton - "Feel Alright"
- Making THAT THING YOU DO!
- THE STORY OF THE WONDER
- THAT THING YOU DO! REUNION
- THE WONDERS - BIG IN JAPAN
- HBO First Look: The Making of THAT THING YOU DO!
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Tom Everett Scott, Liv Tyler, Steve Zahn, Ethan Embry & Johnathon Schaech|
|Performer:||Tom Hanks, Charlize Theron, Giovanni Ribisi, Chris Ellis, Alex Rocco, Bill Cobbs, Peter Scolari, Rita Wilson, Chris Isaak, Kevin Pollak, Robert Torti, Claudia Stedelin, Keith Neubert, Sean Whalen, Clint Howard, Kathleen Kinmont, Warren Berlinger, Barry Sobel, Tracy Reiner & Gedde Watanabe|
|Directed by||Tom Hanks|
|Edited by||Richard Chew|
|Screenwriting by||Tom Hanks|
|Composition by||Howard Shore|
|Produced by||Ted Demme, Gary Goetzman & Edward Saxon|
|Director of Photography:||Tak Fujimoto|
Rating: 3.5/4 -- A movie as catchy and likable as the title song. Full Review
Three Movie Buffs
Rating: 3/5 -- Sweet, sleepy take on flash-in-the-pan '60s band. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Tom Hanks directorial effort is a decent film overall, but nothing that would ever inspire to re-visit again and again with fondness. Full Review
...Tom Hanks understands likable....Everett Scott is appropriately handsome and charming....Hanks and company allow us to dream...
Los Angeles Times
Rating: B -- A sweet, likeable tale of the quick rise to fame and then demise of a small town band. Set in 1964, Hanks' film offers a sanitized, Gump-ish look at a mythical period when boys were boys and girls were girls, with no references to the sex-drug subculture
The chief wonder of this rock 'n' roll cast is Tom Everett Scott, whose easy charisma, dreamy smile and undersurface intelligence should shoot him up the acting charts like a bullet. Full Review
...Lovingly crafted....Sly irony... -- Rating: A-
A cautionary pop fable following the meteoritic rise of "The Wonders," a fictitious foursome during the early days of pop-rock fandom. When jazz drummer Guy Patterson fills in for a session with a friend's band, a hit single is born and the smalltown boys find themselves riding a rollercoaster of success, guided by the opportunistic hand of a smooth-talking record label agent. Fun, cheerful, and innocent. Hanks' directorial debut. Academy Award Nominations: Best Original Song ("That Thing You Do").
Set in the 1964 and steeped in Americana, this film chronicles the meteoric rise -- and equally quick demise -- of a music group called The Wonders. The talented musicians start out playing in neighborhood joints. That changes after they meet a shrewd record executive, who advises the boys on how to dress, act and sing. Soon their song, "That Thing You Do," hits #1, and the group is on top of the world. Unfortunately, the song is The Wonders's only hit. And that's just one reason why the group's collapse happens so quickly...
- Theatrical Release: October 4, 1996
- Shown at the 1996 Toronto Film Festival.
- Co-produced by Clinica estetico, in association with Clavius Base.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Charlize Theron (Tina) and Chris Ellis (Horace)
National Lampoon - The Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell
$3.98 Super Savings
Abbott & Costello - Meet the Creature from the Black Lagoon...
$8.40 Super Savings