Phil Collins ...But Seriously [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD)
Special Order Item: Usually ships in 7-14 days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 10, 2016
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Warner Bros Uk
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Hang In Long Enough
- 2.That's Just The Way It Is
- 3.Do You Remember?
- 4.Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- 6.I Wish It Would Rain Down
- 7.Another Day In Paradise
- 8.Heat On The Street
- 9.All Of My Life
- 10.Saturday Night And Sunday Morning
- 11.Father To Son
- 12.Find a Way to My Heart
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Hang In Long Enough [Live] - (live)
- 2.Something Happened On The Way To Heaven [Live] - (live)
- 3.Colours [Live] - (live)
- 4.Saturday Night And Sunday Morning [Live] - (live)
- 5.Always [Live] - (live)
- 6.Find a Way to My Heart [Live] - (live)
- 7.That's How I Feel [B-side]
- 8.You've Been In Love (That Little Bit Too Long) [B-side]
- 9.Another Day In Paradise [Demo]
- 10.That's Just The Way It Is [Demo]
- 11.I Wish It Would Rain Down [Demo]
- 12.Hang In Long Enough [Demo]
- 13.Do You Remember? [Demo]
Personnel: Phil Collins (vocals, keyboards, drums, tambourine); David Crosby (vocals); Daryl Stuermer, Dominic Miller, Eric Clapton (guitar); Steve Winwood (Hammond organ); Nathan East, Lelan Sklar, Pino Palladino (bass); Alex Brown, Marva King, Lynn Fiddmont (background vocals).
Phoenix Horns: Don Myrick (saxophone); Harry Kim, Rhomlee Michael Davis (trumpet); Louis Satterfield (trombone).
Recorded at the Farm, Surrey, England and A&M Studios, Los Angeles, California.
Audio Remasterers: Miles Showell; Nick Davis .
Photographer: Patrick Balls.
Phil Collins' fourth solo album, 1989's BUT SERIOUSLY, is the first solo release by the Genesis drummer after 1985's NO JACKET REQUIRED, the album which catapulted this oddly charming guy into a multimedia superstar with a budding film and television career. As the title hints, BUT SERIOUSLY is a mature, thoughtful album, less giddy than the hit machine that was NO JACKET REQUIRED, and with a newfound sense of social commentary on songs like "Something Happened on the Way to Heaven" and the anti-homelessness single "Another Day in Paradise."
What saves BUT SERIOUSLY from incipient earnestness is Collins' usual sense of diffident offhandedness, and his typically fine sense of pop songcraft. While BUT SERIOUSLY was not the worldbeater its predecessor was, it's a more satisfying and long-lasting album.
The Super Rare Doo Wop Box: 101 Hard-to-Find Vocal Group... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$29 Super Savings
Motown Legends: 11 Original Recordings by the Original... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$5.98 on Sale