Steppenwolf All Time Greatest Hits
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: November 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Mca
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Born to Be Wild
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Magic Carpet Ride
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Sookie, Sookie
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Don't Step on the Grass, Sam
- $1.29 on iTunes5.The Pusher
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Rock Me
- $1.29 on iTunes7.It's Never Too Late
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Jupiter's Child
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Hey Lawdy Mama
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Snowblind Friend
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Move Over
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Tenderness
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Who Needs Ya?
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Ride With Me
- $1.29 on iTunes15.For Ladies Only
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Screaming Night Hog
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Monster / Suicide / America: Monster / Suicide / America
- 18.Straight Shootin' Woman
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Steppenwolf: John Kay (vocals, acoustic, electric & slide guitars, harmonica); George Biondo (vocals, bass); Jerry Edmonton (vocals, drums); Michael Monarch, Larry Byrom, Bobby Cochran (guitar, background vocals); Mars Bonfire, Kent Henry (guitar); Goldy McJohn (acoustic & electric pianos, organ, keyboards, background vocals); Rushton Moreve, Nick St. Nicholas (bass, background vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Richard Podolor (sitar); Don Ellis, Charles Black, Sam Falzone, Gil Rathel, John Rosenberg (horns); Clydie King (background vocals).
Producers: Steppenwolf, Richard Podolor, Gabriel Mekler.
Compilation producers: John Kay, Andy McKaie.
Recorded in Los Angeles, California between 1969 and 1973. Includes liner notes by Scott Schinder.
Digitally remastered by Erick Labson (MCA Music Media Studios, North Hollywood, California).
Personnel: John Kay (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, harmonica); Jerry Edmonton (vocals, drums, background vocals); George Biondo (vocals, background vocals); Larry Byrom, Michael Monarch (guitar, background vocals); Kent Henry (guitar); Richard Podolor (sitar); Don Ellis, Gil Rathel, John Rosenberg, Sam Falzone (horns); Gabriel Mekler (piano); Goldy McJohn (electric piano, organ, keyboards, background vocals); Clydie King, Nick St. Nicholas, Rushton Moreve (background vocals).
Recording information: Los Angeles, CA (1967-1973).
Photographer: Tom Gundelfinger.
Steppenwolf may have lent a hand (along with Cream, Jimi Hendrix, and Led Zeppelin) in creating heavy metal, but they definitely single-handedly founded biker rock. Singer/founder John Kay has been the only constant member of the band over the years, but there's no denying the lasting impression their songs have left on rock (their compositions have been covered by such varied acts as Blue Oyster Cult, the Minutemen, and Blind Melon).
1999's ALL TIME GREATEST HITS showcases the band at their best. Their road anthem "Born To Be Wild," the funky "Magic Carpet Ride," the mellow cautionary drug tale "the Pusher," and the straight-ahead "Rock Me" are all here. A fine starting point for newcomers.
The Grass Roots20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$8.49 on Sale
Three Dog Night20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
Led Zeppelin IV (Remastered Original Vinyl - 180GV)
$24.15 on Sale