The Flying Burrito Brothers Hot Burritos! The Flying Burrito Brothers Anthology 1969-1972 (2-CD)
Uncut: 5 stars out of 5 - "...A collection that is both definitive and indispensable..."
|You Save:||$0.38 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 18, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Interscope Records
Q - 10/00, p.1414 stars out of 5 - "...Pulls together [their] classic trio of albums then throws in an outtake...for good measure....the most gorgeously tragic country-rock ever recorded..."
Uncut - 10/00, p.805 stars out of 5 - "...A collection that is both definitive and indispensable..."
No Depression - 5-6/00, pp.106-7"...[A] welcome reissue...augmented by a handful of additional cuts from the period....By threading together [their] 3 studio albums, the set provides the bridge between SWEETHEART OF THE RODEO and 'Take It Easy'. Plus it's nice to have everything in one place..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 7/00, p.126"...A perfect introduction to an American legend for youngsters everywhere and the alt country newcomer on your block."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Christine's Tune (aka Devil in Disguise)
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Sin City
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Do Right Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Dark End of the Street
- $0.99 on iTunes5.My Uncle
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Wheels
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Juanita
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Hot Burrito No. 1
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Hot Burrito No. 2
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Do You Know How It Feels
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Hippie Boy
- $0.99 on iTunes12.The Train Song
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Lazy Days
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Image of Me
- $0.99 on iTunes15.High Fashion Queen
- $0.99 on iTunes16.If You Gotta Go
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Man in the Fog
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Farther Along
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Older Guys
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Cody, Cody
- $0.99 on iTunes21.God's Own Singer
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Down in the Churchyard
- $0.99 on iTunes23.Wild Horses
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Six Days on the Road
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Close up the Honky-Tonks
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Break My Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Dim Lights
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Sing Me Back Home
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down
- $0.99 on iTunes7.To Love Somebody
- $0.99 on iTunes8.White Line Fever
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Colorado
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Hand to Mouth
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Tried So Hard
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Just Can't Be
- $0.99 on iTunes13.To Ramona
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Four Days of Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Can't You Hear Me Calling
- $0.99 on iTunes16.All Alone
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Why Are You Crying
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Here Tonight
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Ain't That a Lot of Love
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Losing Game
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes rare non-album and live tracks.
Personnel: Chris Hillman (vocals, guitar, mandolin, bass); Gram Parsons (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Rick Roberts (vocals, guitar); Chris Hillman (vocals, bass); Bernie Leadon (acoustic & electic guitars, dobro, fiddle); Kenny Wertz (acoustic guitar, banjo); Bob Gibson (acoustic 12-string guitar); Clarence White, Mike Deasy (electric guitar); Al Perkins, "Sneaky" Pete Kleinow (pedal steel guitar); Byron Berline (fiddle); Leopoldo C. Carbajal (accordion); Buddy Childers (cornet, flugelhorn); Tommy Johnson (tuba); Chris Ethridge (piano, bass); Leon Russell, Earl Ball (piano); Roger Bush (acoustic bass); Jon Corneal, Popeye Phillips, Michael Clarke (drums); Frank Blanco (percussion).
Producers include: The Flying Burrito Brothers, Larry Marks, Henry Lewy, Johnny Guitar Watson, Larry Williamson.
Compilation producer: Mike Ragogna.
Includes liner notes by Chris Hillman and Holly George-Warren.
Digitally remastered by Jim Phillips (Universal Mastering Studios West, North Hollywood, California).
Personnel: Mike Deasy Sr. , Rick Roberts (guitar); Bernie Leadon (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, banjo); Kenny Wertz (acoustic guitar, banjo); Bob Gibson (acoustic 12-string guitar); Earl Ball (piano); Roger Bush (acoustic bass); Michael Clarke (drums).
Recording information: 1969-1972.
Photographer: Jim McCrary.
Founded by ex-Byrds Gram Parsons and Chris Hillman, the Flying Burrito Brothers cultivated the country-rock sound originated by that duo's former band into a major movement whose reverberations are still felt to this day. Defined by Parsons as "a Southern soul group playing country and gospel-oriented music with a steel guitar," the Burritos produced a brand of "cosmic country" that included songs about avoiding the draft ("My Uncle"), innocence lost ("Sin City") and a fast-living femme fatale ("Christine's Tune").
The Burritos also translated their considerable creative talents into covering songs by a diverse array of artists including Aretha Franklin ("Do Right Woman"), Buck Owens ("Close Up The Honky Tonks"), the Rolling Stones ("Wild Horses") and The Bee Gees ("To Love Somebody"). Among the band's satellite members were fiddler Byron Berline, pedal steel player "Sneeky" Pete Kleinow, former Byrd Michael Clarke and future Eagle Bernie Leadon.
The BandNorthern Lights-Southern Cross [Bonus Tracks] (CD)
$11.98 on Sale
Golden Country: 50 Tracks From The Golden Age Of Country... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$5.98 on Sale