|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$4.98|
|You Save:||$5 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: January 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Fuel 2000
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1223 stars out of 5 - "[I]ts more polished production and soothing vocal delivery makes space for jazz-inflected piano solos and synthesizers aplenty....Dury is on fine form..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 3.Don't Ask Me
- 4.Sink My Boats
- 5.Waiting for Your Taxi
- 6.This Is What We Find
- 7.Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy
- 9.Dance of the Screamers
- 10.Lullaby for Francies
- 11.What a Waste
- 12.Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick
- 13.There Ain't Half Been Some Clever Bastards
- 14.Reasons to Be Cheerful, Pt. 3
- 15.Common as Muck
- 16.Reasons to Be Cheerful, Pt. 3
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.This Is What We Find [Demo Version]
- 2.Boogie Woogie (Duff 'Em Up) [Demo Version]
- 3.Quiet [Demo Version]
- 4.Inbetweenies [Instrumental][Demo Version]
- 5.Babies Kept Quiet ... [Early Version of Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy]
- 6.Blow [Instrumental][Demo Version]
- 7.Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll [Live]
- 8.I'm Partial to Your Abracadabra [Live]
- 9.Wake Up and Make Love with Me [Live]
- 10.Clevor Trever [Live]
- 11.Sweet Gene Vincent [Live]
- 12.Billericay Dickie [Live]
- 13.My Old Man [Live]
- 14.If I Was With a Woman [Live]
- 15.Blockheads [Live]
- 16.Plaistow Patricia [Live]
- 17.Blackmail Man [Live]
This 1998 reissue contains 7 bonus tracks not on the original release.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Ian Dury/Ian Dury & the Blockheads: Ian Dury; Norman Watt-Roy (bass guitar); Davey Payne, Chaz Jankel, Mick Gallagher, John Turnbull , Charley Charles.
Personnel: Ian Dury (vocals); Chaz Jankel (guitar, keyboards); John Turnbull (guitar); Davey Payne (saxophone); Mick Gallagher (keyboards); Charley Charles (drums).
Liner Note Author: Will Birch.
Recording information: Ian's House, Rolvendon, Kent, England (10/22/1977-05/18/1979); Leicester University (10/22/1977-05/18/1979).
On Ian Dury's second outing with the Blockheads, the strangely charismatic British singer continues to spout witty narratives in his trademark Cockney accent over a musical backdrop that largely eschews punk in favor of a disco vibe. Of course, this being the every-quirky Dury, the dance-floor feel on this 1979 record is loose and pub-oriented, rather than slick and club-ready. Despite the New Wave trappings, Dury still sounds like a surly traveling salesman from a long-lost era, especially when he's spewing out insults, as on the silly, swaggering "Uneasy Sunny Day Hotsy Totsy." In addition to jaunty tracks such as "Inbetweenies," the 1998 remastered reissue of DO IT YOURSELF features a handful of classic Dury singles as bonus tracks, most notably the cheeky "Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick" and the whimsical "Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3," making this, along with NEW BOOTS AND PANTIES, an essential disc for any respectable Dury fan.
The HerdVery Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD)
$3.98 CD Sale
Feeling Good: 100 Fabulous Feel Good Classics (5-CD)
$13.98 CD Sale
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Live at Rockpalast 1978
$16.40 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 CD Sale
The Classic Rhythm + Blues Collection: Heroes and Legends
$4.98 CD Sale
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story
$4.98 CD Sale