Emmylou Harris Duets
- Released: July 24, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Reprise / Wea
- 1.Price I Pay, The - (with Desert Rose Band)
- 2.Love Hurts - (with Gram Parsons)
- 3.That Lovin' You Feeling Again - (with Roy Orbison)
- 4.We Believe In Happy Endings - (with Earl T. Conley)
- 5.Thing About You - (with Southern Pacific)
- 6.Star Of Bethlehem - (with Neil Young)
- 7.All Fall Down - (with George Jones)
- 8.Wild Montana Skies - (with John Denver)
- 9.Green Pastures - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 10.Gulf Coast Highway - (with Willie Nelson)
- 11.If I Needed You - (with Don Williams)
- 12.Evangeline - (with The Band)
Personnel includes: Emmylou Harris (vocals, guitar); Willie Nelson, George Jones, Don Williams, Ricky Skaggs, Earl Thomas Conley, Dolly Parton, John Denver, Roy Orbison, Gram Parsons, Neil Young, The Band, The Desert Rose Band, Southern Pacific.
Producers include: Gram Parsons, Randy Scruggs, John Denver, Don Williams, Robbie Robertson.
Personnel: Emmylou Harris (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar); Rick Danko (vocals, electric bass); Desert Rose Band, Don Williams, Earl Thomas Conley, George Jones, Gram Parsons, John Denver, Neil Young, Ricky Skaggs, Roy Orbison, Southern Pacific, The Band, Willie Nelson (vocals).
Photographer: Caroline Greyshock.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Desert Rose Band; Glenn Meadows.
Arranger: Brian Ahern.
Emmylou Harris first broke on the national music scene as the duet partner of Gram Parsons, the legendary progenitor of country rock. Vocal duets (and trios, for that matter) have played a prominent role in Harris' music ever since. DUETS collects 12 of Harris' better-known vocal collaborations, including a number that had never before been released under her name.
Like all such collections, DUETS varies considerably from track to track, both in production values and artistic merit. What remains constant throughout, however, is the quality of Harris' contributions. Whether pitching in on Neil Young's mystical "Star of Bethlehem" or Earl Thomas Conley's treacly "We Believe in Happy Endings," Harris provides stellar support. While some of these tracks are available on must-own Harris albums ("Green Pastures," for example, appears on Harris' remarkable ROSES IN THE SNOW), others, are culled from soundtracks and albums released by Harris' duet partners. Accordingly, DUETS is a very convenient package for Harris fans looking to gather all of Harris' recordings without having to buy, say, an entire John Denver album. While not the place to begin an Emmylou Harris collection, DUETS does provide an interesting glimpse at one aspect of a great artist's career.