Waylon Jennings Ultimate Waylon Jennings
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: February 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: RCA
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line
- $1.29 on iTunes2.The Taker
- $1.29 on iTunes3.This Time
- $1.29 on iTunes4.I'm a Ramblin' Man
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Rainy Day Woman
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Good Hearted Woman
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Are You Ready for the Country
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Luckenbach, Texas (Back to the Basics of Love)
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to Be Cowboys
- $1.29 on iTunes11.I've Always Been Crazy
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out of Hand
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Amanda
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Come With Me
- $1.29 on iTunes15.I Ain't Living Long Like This
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Theme from the Dukes of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys)
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Just to Satisfy You - (live)
- $1.29 on iTunes18.Woman Do Know How to Carry On
- $1.29 on iTunes19.I May Be Used (But Baby I Ain't Used Up)
- $1.29 on iTunes20.America
- $1.29 on iTunes21.Highwayman
- 22.Rose in Paradise
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Waylon Jennings (vocals, guitar); Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson.
Recorded between 1968 & 1986. Includes liner notes by Lenny Kaye.
Liner Note Author: Lenny Kaye.
Recording information: 1968-1986.
Photographers: Peter Nash ; Slick Lawson.
The 2004 collection ULTIMATE WAYLON JENNINGS has a lot in common with the 1996 ESSENTIAL WAYLON JENNINGS. Both are single-disc, career-spanning RCA anthologies that contain most of the late country legend's biggest hits. Due to the enormity of Jennings's catalogue, one CD simply can't hold every major Jennings tune, but these compilations include a remarkable amount of top-notch material. There's significant overlap between the two, but some differences as well. ULTIMATE one-ups ESSENTIAL by featuring Waylon's incisive version of Neil Young's "Are You Ready for the Country," the definitive early hit "This Time," and the self-mythologizing anthems "Luckenbach, Texas" and "I'm a Ramblin' Man." There was a notable drop-off in the quality of Jennings's '80s work, but ULTIMATE wisely focuses on the Outlaw Country pioneer's '70s salad days, presenting a credible case for Jennings as one of the finest country singers of his generation.
Waylon JenningsThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.49 on Sale