|WINTER SALE:||$14.39 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 25, 2011
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- PCM Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Elizabeth Taylor & Laurence Harvey|
|Performer:||Billie Whitelaw, Robert Lang, Tony Britton & Laurence Harvey|
|Directed by||Brian G. Hutton|
|Edited by||John Jympson|
|Composition by||John Cameron|
|Produced by||George W. George & Martin Poll|
|Director of Photography:||Billy Williams|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Adapted from a play by suspense mistress Lucille Fletcher (Sorry, Wrong Number, The Hitch-Hiker, Night Man), Night Watch re-teams Liz with her Butterfield 8 co-star Laurence Harvey, playing Ellen's emotionally distant second husband in one of his final film performances.
She claims to have seen a pair of red-splotched bodies in the ominous house next door. Or have her neurotic quirks become psychotic delusions'
A gallery of men and women seem to Ellen to be behaving strangely. Her businessman husband and her best friend might even be having an affair. Her irascible neighbor works most efficiently with his gardening tools. Rounding out these suspects are an insincere shrink, a flighty chef, and a cynical cop.
Whether these horrific circumstances and odd types are real or imagined, Ellen is in big trouble.
- This play adaptation originally played on Broadway, was set in a Manhattan town house, and featured a larger number of suspects. Filmmakers transferred the action to London for the screen version and cut the character list somewhat.
- Additional cast: Bill Dean (Inspector Walker); Michael Danvers Walker (Sergeant Norris); Rosario Serrano (Dolores); Pauline Jameson (Secretary); Kevin Colson (Carl); and Laon Maybanke (Florist).
- Additional credit: Barnard Straus (producer).
- Color by Technicolor.