Mose Allison Mose Allison Sings [RVG Remasters]
|You Save:||$0.18 (2% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: July 18, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Prestige
- $1.29 on iTunes1.The Seventh Son
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Eyesight to the Blind
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Do Nothin' till You Hear From Me
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Lost Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes5.I've Got a Right to Cry
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Baby, Let Me Hold Your Hand
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Parchman Farm
- $1.29 on iTunes8.If You Live
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- $0.99 on iTunes10.One Room Country Shack
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I Hadn't Anyone till You
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Young Man's Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes13.That's Alright
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Blueberry Hill - (bonus track)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Trouble in Mind - (bonus track)
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Creek Bank - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, trumpet, piano); Mose Allison; Taylor La Fargue, Addison Farmer (upright bass); Frank Isola, Nick Stabulas, Ronnie Free (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Rudy Van Gelder.
Liner Note Author: Ira Gitler.
Author: Rudy Van Gelder.
The 2006 Rudy Van Gelder remaster of MOSE ALLISON SINGS reminds listeners that Allison was churning out great songs and performances as far back as 1957 (and that he's been doing the same ever since). The artist's distinctive mixture of blues, jazz, dynamic piano playing, and witty songwriting plays loud and clear on this early offering.
There are fewer Allison originals than one might prefer here; instead he takes on classic blues (Willie Dixon's "Seventh Son") and jazz (Duke Ellington's "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"). But the originals that are here (like "Young Man's Blues," which was covered by the Who) are worth the price of admission. The reissue adds four tracks and a revised running order, and highlights Van Gelder's flawless production.
Mose AllisonI'm Not Talkin': The Song Stylings of Mose Allison 1957-1972
$13.60 CD Sale
Prestige Profiles (Plus Bonus CD, Volume 2) (2-CD)
$11.80 CD Sale