Saturday Night Fever [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
NME (Magazine): Ranked #35 among The Greatest Albums Of The '70s.
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 6, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Ume
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.126Ranked #131 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "The Bee Gees dominate, but the Trammps' hot-funk assault 'Disco Inferno' affirms disco's black R&B roots."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.28Ranked #3 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...The unlikely music of emancipation..."
Vibe - 12/99, p.162Included in Vibe's 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.67Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...The ultimate disco epic..."
NME (Magazine) - 9/18/93, p.19Ranked #35 among The Greatest Albums Of The '70s.
- 1.Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees
- 2.How Deep is Your Love - The Bee Gees
- 3.Night Fever - The Bee Gees
- 4.More Than A Woman - The Bee Gees
- 5.If I Can't Have You - Yvonne Elliman
- 6.Fifth Of Beethoven, A (based on Beethoven's Fifth Symphony) - Walter Murphy
- 7.More Than A Woman - Tavares
- 8.Manhattan Skyline - David Shire
- 9.Calypso Breakdown - Ralph McDonald
- 10.Night On Disco Mountain (Based on "Night On Bald Mountain") - David Shire
- 11.Open Sesame - Kool & The Gang
- 12.Jive Talkin' - The Bee Gees
- 13.You Should Be Dancing - The Bee Gees
- 14.Boogie Shoes - KC & The Sunshine Band
- 15.Salsation - David Shire
- 16.K-Jee - MFSB
- 17.Disco Inferno - The Trammps
Includes liner notes by John Tobler.
Digitally remastered by Joseph M. Palmaccio (Polygram Studios).
Adapter: David Shire.
Personnel: Barry Gibb (vocals, guitar); Maurice Gibb, Robin Gibb (vocals); Carmine d'Amico (guitar, electric guitar); Alan Kendall (guitar); Blue Weaver (keyboards); Dennis Bryon (drums).
Liner Note Author: John Tobler.
Arranger: Bee Gees.
The disco revival came in the mid-90s and white suits, dodgy shirt collars and trousers with massive flares were once again the order of the day. While this album's success drove people mad as punk's enemy in the late 70s, it is now seen as a great piece of musical history. The Bee Gees did write some meaningful songs (with very high voices) on this but there is further perfect disco soul from Yvonne Elliman ("If I Can't Have You"), Tavares and Kool And The Gang. This is one soundtrack that is better than the film, well, only just.
Music From M Squad / Music From Mickey Spillane's Mike... (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Plan 9 From Outer Space - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)
$8.98 on SALE
Saturday Night Fever (Special Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$9.98 on SALE
Saturday Night Fever: Music Inspired by the New Musical... (CD)
$21.40 Super Savings