Carpenters Yesterday Once More (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$22.98 Limited Time Only|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 16, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Polygram UK
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Yesterday Once More
- 3.Rainy Days And Mondays
- 4.Back In My Life Again, (Want You)
- 5.Ticket To Ride
- 6.Goodbye To Love
- 7.Bless The Beasts And The Children - (from "Bless The Beasts And The Children")
- 8.It's Going To Take Some Time
- 9.There's A Kind Of Hush
- 10.Sweet, Sweet Smile
- 11.I Won't Last A Day Without You
- 12.For All We Know - (from "Lovers And Other Strangers")
- 13.Touch Me When We're Dancing
- 14.Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft (The Recognized Anthem Of World Contact Day)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I Just Fall In Love Again
- 2.This Masquerade
- 3.Hurting Each Other
- 4.Please Mr. Postman
- 5.I Need To Be In Love
- 6.Make Believe It's Your First Time
- 7.All You Get From Love Is A Love Song
- 8.Top Of The World
- 9.Because We Are In Love (The Wedding Song)
- 10.We've Only Just Begun
- 11.Those Good Old Dreams
- 13.Only Yesterday
- 14.Close To You, (They Long To Be)
The Carpenters: Karen Carpenter (vocals, drums); Richard Carpenter (keyboards, background vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Tony Peluso, Tim May (guitar); Joe Osborn (bass); Hal Blaine, Jim Gordon, Larrie London, Ron Tutt, Ed Greene (drums).
Producers: Richard Carpenter, Karen Carpenter, Jack Daugherty.
Includes liner notes by Paul Grein.
Digitally remastered by Richard Carpenter.
Personnel: Richard Carpenter (vocals, piano, keyboards, background vocals); Karen Carpenter (vocals, drums, background vocals); Timothy May , Tony Peluso (guitar); Joe Osborn (bass guitar); Ed Greene, Hal Blaine, Jim Gordon , Larrie Londin, Ron Tutt (drums); Jimmy Joyce, Julia Tillman, Carolyn Dennis, Maxine Willard Waters, Carlena Williams (background vocals).
Audio Remixer: Roger Young.
Liner Note Author: Paul Grein.
Recording information: A&M, Los Angeles, CA.
Arrangers: Peter Knight; Richard Carpenter .
The first of many CD compilations of Karen and Richard Carpenter's dozens of hit singles, 1985's YESTERDAY ONCE MORE contains 28 of the siblings' best songs--from their first hit, 1969's "Ticket To Ride," to their last, 1981's "Touch Me When We're Dancing." The two-CD set eschews chronological order, sequencing the songs by mood instead. As such, it's probably the most listenable of the Carpenters' compilations, serving both as a perfect introduction to the duo's best work and as a handy sampler for longtime fans. The set was remastered by Richard Carpenter in 1998 as part of a general overhaul of the Carpenters' A&M catalogue.
Ultimate Christmas Album Gift Set, Volume 1 (2-CD)
$13.98 on Sale