Funker Vogt Killing Time Again (2-CD)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 28, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Metropolis Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Killing Fields - (Killing Mix)
- 2.Evil's Birth
- 4.The Race Is On
- 5.Killing Fields - (Guitar Fixer Mix II)
- 6.Evil's Birth - (Mezzo Mix)
- 7.Black Hole
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Words of Power - (Highspeed Mix)
- 2.Take Care! - (US Mix, US remix)
- 3.Third War, The - (Original Mix)
- 4.Wartime - (FX Groove Mix)
- 5.Killing Fields - (Guitar Fixer Mix)
- 6.Take Care! - (Front 242 Remix, Front 242 remix)
- 8.Words of Power - (Power Mix)
- 9.Thanks for Nothing - (Controlled Fusion Remix, Controlled Fusion remix)
- 10.Take Care - (Booster + 18 Mix)
- 11.Third War, The - (Atomic Shell mix, Atomic Shell)
- 12.Thanks for Nothing - (In Strict Confidence Remix, In Strict Confidence remix)
Funker Vogt: Jens Kastel (vocals); Gerrit "Rote X" Thomas, Kai Schmidt.
Personnel: Jens Kastel (vocals).
Recording information: Lager 2.
Photographer: Kai Schmidt.
Unknown Contributor Role: J. K„stel.
A two-CD collection that puts together most of the important remixes the group had provided tracks for, Funker Vogt's Killing Time Again is an interesting release. Neither necessary nor below their usual quality, what the album provides is a newer take on songs that were never bad to begin with. Because of their relative lack of exposure to the mainstream, little would clue a casual listener in to the fact that these are not the original versions. But because the savage vocals of Jens Kastel usually end up sounding even more vicious in these mixes, the album survives on his power alone. Not to take anything from musical madmen Gerrit Thomas or Kai Schmidt, but Kastel is one of the lucky few who not only has the voice to fit the genre, but knows how to present it. Although everything here is available already, this is another fine album in the canon of Funker Vogt. ~ Bradley Torreano