Carpenters Now & Then
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$8.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: December 8, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: A&M
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Sing
- $1.29 on iTunes2.This Masquerade
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Heather
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Jambalaya (On the Bayou)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.I Can't Make Music
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Yesterday Once More
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Fun, Fun, Fun
- $1.29 on iTunes8.The End of the World
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Da Doo Ron Ron
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Dead Man's Curve
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Johnny Angel
- $1.29 on iTunes12.The Night Has a Thousand Eyes
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Our Day Will Come
- $1.29 on iTunes14.One Fine Day
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Yesterday Once More (Reprise) - (reprise)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Carpenters: Richard Carpenter (vocals, keyboards); Karen Carpenter (vocals, drums).
Additional personnel: Tony Peluso (spoken vocals, guitar); Gary Sims (guitar); Buddy Emmons, Jay Dee Maness (steel guitar); Bob Messenger (flute, tenor saxophone); Earl Dumler (oboe, bass oboe, English horn); Tom Scott (recorder); Doug Strawn (baritone saxophone); Joe Osborn (bass).
Digitally remastered by Richard Carpenter.
Personnel: Tony Peluso (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Richard Carpenter (vocals, keyboards); Karen Carpenter (vocals, drums); Buddy Emmons (guitar, slide guitar, steel guitar); Jay Dee Maness (guitar, steel guitar); Gary Sims (guitar); Bob Messenger (flute, tenor saxophone, wind); Tom Scott (recorder, wind); Earl Dumler (oboe, English horn, wind); Doug Strawn (baritone saxophone, keyboards, wind); Hal Blaine, Ron Gordon (drums).
Photographer: Jim McCrary.
Arranger: Richard Carpenter .
Featuring a surprisingly poignant cover photo of a suburban house -- not unlike the Downey, CA homestead in which Karen and Richard Carpenter grew up -- Now & Then is a concept album about the music that inspired Karen and Richard in their childhood. Besides the hit single "Sing" and a charming take on Hank Williams' "Jambalaya," the centerpiece of Now & Then is Richard Carpenter and John Bettis' nostalgic "Yesterday Once More." The song opens and closes a side-long medley of early-'60s pop hits that includes the Beach Boys' "Fun, Fun, Fun," Skeeter Davis' "The End of the World," the Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron," and Jan & Dean's "Dead Man's Curve." Also included are Shelley Fabares' "Johnny Angel," Bobby Vee's "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes," Ruby & the Romantics' "Our Day Will Come," and the Chiffons' "One Fine Day." Given Karen's immense skills as an interpretive singer, not one of the covers is less than interesting, and most are flat-out wonderful.
CarpentersThe 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The... (CD)
$6.98 CD Sale