Pearl Jam Lost Dogs: Rarities and B Sides (2-CD)
Rolling Stone: 3 stars out of 5 - "...The real surprise the deep library of ballads here....LOST DOGS sure sounds a lot like a pack of hits..."
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.2083 stars out of 5 - "...The real surprise the deep library of ballads here....LOST DOGS sure sounds a lot like a pack of hits..."
Spin - 2/04, p.97"[I]t's flecked with gold. The Hendrix-indebted power ballad 'Yellow Ledbetter' is some of the best Pearl Jam music ever recorded..." - Grade: B+
Entertainment Weekly - 11/21/03, p.86"...This double CD ranges from Motown covers [and] acoustic musings [to] tossed-off 'rap' [and] weirdo funk....Best of all, you don't need to be a PJ freak to enjoy it..." - Rating: B
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.All Night
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Sad
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Down
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Hitchhiker
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Don't Gimme No Lip
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Alone
- $0.99 on iTunes7.In The Moonlight
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Education
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Black, Red, Yellow
- $0.99 on iTunes10.U
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Leaving Here
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Gremmie Out Of Control
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Whale Song
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Undone
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Hold On
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Yellow Ledbetter
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Fatal
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Otherside
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Hard To Imagine
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Footsteps
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Wash
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Dead Man
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Strangest Tribe
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Drifting
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Let Me Sleep
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Last Kiss
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Sweet Lew
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Dirty Frank
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Brother
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Bee Girl / 4/20/02 - (hidden track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Contains a hidden track within the last track, "Bee Girl" on Disc 2.
Personnel: Eddie Vedder (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano); Stone Gossard, Mike McCready (guitar, piano); Matt Cameron (guitar, drums); Mitchell Froom (keyboards); Jeff Ament (bass); Jack Irons, Dave Krusen, Dave Abbruzzese (drums).
Additional personnel: Tchad Blake (Wurlitzer piano).
Includes liner notes by Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Eddie Vedder.
Pearl Jam entered the 21st century with the kind of cult status previously reserved for jam bands such as the Grateful Dead and Phish--that point where the group can do no wrong in the starry eyes and ears of their devotees. Now that the group has tackled the bootlegging issue (by making virtually every one of their shows available to their fans for bargain prices), the grunge pioneers give official release to a set of their coveted and most sought-after B-sides and non-album tracks.
LOST DOGS is a musical treasure-trove, much of which is culled from Pearl Jam's album sessions, with the unexplained exception of VITALOGY. The two-disc set showcases the strong suits of all former and current band members. "Don't Give Me No Lip" was the first track to feature guitarist Stone Gossard on lead vocals (rather than "Mankind"), while the Matt Cameron-penned "In the Moonlight" displays how the drummer seamlessly fits his writing style into the PJ sound. The touchingly gentle "Footsteps," "Wash," (one of the first songs written as a band) and "Alone" (all from the TEN era) are reminders of the charm and the staying power of Eddie Vedder and company.
Arctic Tale: Music From and Inspired By the Motion Picture
$3.98 on Sale