Bruce & Terry The Best of Bruce & Terry
|WINTER SALE:||$15.61 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.37 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 13, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Dirty Linen - 6-7/00, p.67"...Their best efforts in the studio were nothing short of spectacular....You don't have to like big waves to appreciate their vocal harmonies and bouncy love songs..."
- 1.Hawaii - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Summer Means Fun
- 3.Come On, Let's Go - (with The Rogues)
- 5.Don't Run Away - (mono)
- 6.Custom Machine - (mono)
- 7.I Love You Model "T" - (mono)
- 8.Raining In My Heart - (mono)
- 9.Everyday - (with The Rogues)
- 10.Roger's Reef - (mono, with The Rogues)
- 11.Yeah! - (mono)
- 12.Thank You Baby - (mono)
- 13.Girl, It's Alright Now - (mono)
- 14.Roger's Reef, Part II - (mono, with The Rogues)
- 15.Halfway - (previously unreleased, mono)
- 16.Come Love - (mono)
- 17.Four Strong Winds
- 18.Help Me Rhonda - (previously unreleased)
- 19.Look's Who Laughing Now - (previously unreleased)
- 20.Here Comes Summer - (previously unreleased)
Bruce & Terry: Bruce Johnston, Terry Melcher (vocals).
Booklet contains interviews with Bruce Johnston and Terry Melcher.
Recorded between 1963 & 1966.
Audio Mixer: Bob Irwin.
Liner Note Author: Al Quaglieri.
Recording information: 04/22/1963-02/15/1966.
Photographers: Guy Webster; Steve Besch; Clark Besch.
This 20-track compilation gathers together the best of Johnston's and Melcher's best sides for Columbia under the B&T moniker. That's important, because this collection could just as easily have been double the length if they had amassed all the tracks that Bruce & Terry had recorded under other names like the Rip Chords, etc. including the hit "Hey Little Cobra." Because Bruce & Terry were a virtual vocal overdubbing machine, some of the tracks on here ("Custom Machine," "Don't Run Away," "I Love You Model T," "Come Love," "Raining In My Heart") appear in mono-only formats. This becomes the only way to hear the final product as it was etched into black phonograph records, as B&T would overdub right directly onto the final single track mix. It also gives the sound of these tracks an edgy, mid-rangey "squashed" kind of compression to them, making them leap out of the speakers. As a musical satellite orbiting around the Brian Wilson/Jan & Dean/Wrecking Crew axis, the music here reflects that time and sound beautifully. These are the beginnings of two long-standing careers in the record business and the records they literally cut their teeth on. ~ Cub Koda
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$4.98 Winter Sale
The Hit Parade 1961: 25 Original Recordings by the Original... (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$6.98 Winter Sale