Garage Band Tribute to The Beatles
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$3 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: September 29, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
A collection of recordings inspired by the Fab Four and performed by classic garage bands. Includes classic songs performed by Ian Mitchell (of Bay City Rollers), Pat Horgan & Thunder Road, Vince Martell (of Vanilla Fudge), Nazz and Tommy Frenzy (of Tuff Darts!).
- 1.NazzTomorrow Never Knows
- 2.Vince MartellTicket To Ride
- 3.Tommy Frenzy (of Tuff Darts!)I Need You
- 4.Stewart FranckeAnd Your Bird Can Sing
- 5.Pat Horgan & Thunder RoadBad Boy
- 6.Mitch Schecter (of The Rip Chords)I Call Your Name
- 7.Liza LeeStrawberry Fields Forever
- 8.Ian Mitchell (of The Bay City Rollers)Letting Go
- 9.John Wicks & The RecordsWe Can Work It Out
- 10.David Kraii & The Saddle TrampsOne After 909
Tributee: The Beatles.
Personnel: Pat Horgan, Stewart Francke, Vince Martell (vocals, guitar); Peg Pearl (vocals, keyboards); Mitch Schecter, Liza Lee (vocals); Sean Paul Powell (electric guitar, background vocals); John Burke (piano, organ); Bruce Barth (piano); Darryl Pierce (drums).
Audio Mixer: Jim Kissling.
Recording information: Tempermill Studios, Detroit.
The Beatles were a lot of things to a lot of people, and while they're not generally thought of as a garage band, their mid-'60s singles like "I Feel Fine," "Ticket to Ride," "Paperback Writer" and "Day Tripper" set a template for a lot of bands that were. This intriguing tribute features Vanilla Fudge lead guitarist Vince Martell, Nazz singer Robert "Stewkey" Antoni, Tuff Darts singer and guitarist Tommy Frenzy, and Garage Band Beatles singer and guitarist Pat Horgan (who also produced this collection, along with Jon Stern), among others, trying their hands at various Beatles classics. Not everything works here, but tracks like Nazz's buffed-up arrangement of "Tomorrow Never Knows," Liza Lee's breathy and suitably ornate version of "Strawberry Fields Forever," and John Wicks & the Records' nice re-imagining of "We Can Work It Out" keep things interesting.
- Sales Rank: 607
- UPC: 090431139820
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 on Sale
The Christmas Collection: All the Music You'll Need This... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$3.98 on Sale